MFT Update on Syncmyride | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update on Syncmyride

when i log on i get this message:
"For your 2011 Ford Explorer
This SYNC update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership. Please print the Request for SYNC Update form and then make a service appointment. Be sure to bring the printed form with you to your dealership. A dealer service fee may apply."

i do not have navigation, i have version 2.8.
i hope this is wrong. up until this morning, i was able to download 2.11, now this, no questionaire, no download, nothing.

I have same issue as uscc92:

I have a 2011 with MFT but no NAV and it can't dowload, this is is the message from syncmyride:

Request for SYNC Update Form
NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please print this form and take it with you to your dealership appointment. Dealer service fee may apply.

NOTE TO DEALER: The customer is eligible for a SYNC update. Enabling this on the customer's SYNC unit requires dealer installation of software available on the PTS website.
Customer Vehicle Information:
1FMH K7D 86BG XXXXXX
VIN

Ford
Make

Explorer
Model

Year

Gen2 - V2.7
SYNC version

What is strange, is that syncmyride has always said:

Your Vehicle:
Radio/Nav and Steering Wheel
Ford Explorer 2011 Ford Explorer VIN: 1FMH K7D 86BG XXXXXX

BUT I DON"T HAVE NAV!!!

Rebecca, can you shed some light on this? will I get the update through the mail or does it have to take it into the dealership?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the exact same thing after logging on to SYNCMYRIDE

I have a 2011 with MFT but no NAV and it can't dowload, this is is the message from syncmyride:

Request for SYNC Update Form
NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please print this form and take it with you to your dealership appointment. Dealer service fee may apply.

NOTE TO DEALER: The customer is eligible for a SYNC update. Enabling this on the customer's SYNC unit requires dealer installation of software available on the PTS website.
Customer Vehicle Information:
1FMH K7D 86BG XXXXXX
VIN

Ford
Make

Explorer
Model

Year

Gen2 - V2.7
SYNC version

What is strange, is that syncmyride has always said:

Your Vehicle:

BUT I DON"T HAVE NAV!!!

Rebecca, can you shed some light on this? will I get the update through the mail or does it have to take it into the dealership?
No Nav but thank goodness you have a steering wheel!:D
I'm still on V2.4 and syncmyride always showed 2.11 availableas an update but that is now no longer there. Have you checked with some of the members who have downloaded the update? Perhaps see what they can offer.
Thread 2011+ In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT

Peter

[IWhat is strange, is that syncmyride has always said:

Your Vehicle:

BUT I DON"T HAVE NAV!!!

i never paid attention to the "Your Vehicle" part before, i just looked and mine says the same as yours. "Radio/NAV and steering wheel". i didnt get NAV on mine either, didnt pay for it, didnt get billed for it, dont have a sim card. maybe that's what's causing our inability to download. but it seems others with NAV were able to download. strange. my build date was in the middle of January 2011.

No Nav but thank goodness you have a steering wheel!:D
I'm still on V2.4 and syncmyride always showed 2.11 availableas an update but that is now no longer there. Have you checked with some of the members who have downloaded the update? Perhaps see what they can offer.
Thread 2011+ In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT

Peter

You cannot download it if your are getting the message that you have to have the dealer update it.

i never paid attention to the "Your Vehicle" part before, i just looked and mine says the same as yours. "Radio/NAV and steering wheel". i didnt get NAV on mine either, didnt pay for it, didnt get billed for it, dont have a sim card. maybe that's what's causing our inability to download. but it seems others with NAV were able to download. strange. my build date was in the middle of January 2011.
We are in the same boat! :) :mad:
My build date was mid-February 2011.

good info right out of the ford explorer facebook page:

#
#
Ford Explorer: The information on SyncMyRide is beeing corrected. The language regarding dealer fees should already be gone. They are working on to remove the language on going to the dealer.
5 minutes ago
#
Ford Explorer: In any case, no one will have to go to the dealer to complete the upgrade - you will be able to update your system once the USB arrives. Craig
2 minutes ago

just saw this posted on the facebook page:

Ford Explorer: The information on SyncMyRide is being corrected. The language regarding dealer fees should already be gone. They are working on to remove the language on going to the dealer.

8 minutes ago ·
Ford Explorer: In any case, no one will have to go to the dealer to complete the upgrade - you will be able to update your system once the USB arrives. Craig

....but it seems others with NAV were able to download. strange. my build date was in the middle of January 2011.
When doing the download and the question came up asking if you have Nav., those with Nav replied NO. Then they were able to download. Had they replied YES, they were instructed to wait for the mailed package.

Peter

uscc92: you are freaking me out with so many similarities! :D

When doing the download and the question came up asking if you have Nav., those with Nav replied NO. Then they were able to download. Had they replied YES, they were instructed to wait for the mailed package.

Peter
Peter, in our case, we never got even the chance to answer any kind of question, it simply said "go to dealer" but looks like the mailed version will work just fine! :thumbsup:

I've seen on other sites on the internet that some people are going to Ford dealer sites and getting vins for 2012's and signing them up on sync my ride to get the download. Not sure if it's legal. Some people have done it and reported back that they updated successfully. Cheers. I don't condone this kind of thing. Just thought it was funny. Doesn't hurt anybody in the long run. Make sure the vehicle has MFT.

just saw this posted on the facebook page:

Ford Explorer: The information on SyncMyRide is being corrected. The language regarding dealer fees should already be gone. They are working on to remove the language on going to the dealer.

8 minutes ago ·

One of Rebecca posts even mentoined that some will have to go to the dealer for the update.

Rebecca, Has this changed?

I've seen on other sites on the internet that some people are going to Ford dealer sites and getting vins for 2012's and signing them up on sync my ride to get the download. Not sure if it's legal. Some people have done it and reported back that they updated successfully. Cheers. I don't condone this kind of thing. Just thought it was funny. Doesn't hurt anybody in the long run. Make sure the vehicle has MFT.

Funny stuff. I don't think it would matter. The download will always be there.

Why would anyone do this, when if you Google and look hard enough, can just download it?

uscc92: you are freaking me out with so many similarities! :D

ha, you can tell i'm excited to get this upgrade. i'm trolling all the ford boards looking for info.
My 2.8 hasnt been too bad, in the past year i've had two black screens where i had to pull the battery cable to reboot (i never could reach the fuse, i'm not that flexible) and only a few reboots. just some voice command sluggishness and indexing the ipod over and over.

Why would anyone do this, when if you Google and look hard enough, can just download it?

Yep, I agree Suzook. A quick internet search will get you the file you need. Didn't someone put the file on here earlier and it was removed because it's ILLEGAL to do stuff like that. Intellectual property that belongs to FORD.:salute::eek:

Yep, I agree Suzook. A quick internet search will get you the file you need. Didn't someone put the file on here earlier and it was removed because it's ILLEGAL to do stuff like that. Intellectual property that belongs to FORD.:salute::eek:

It was me, MOD made me take it down. He/she had various legit concerns.

I have 2011 with NAV and downloaded and installed no problem. Just need the A3 maps now. My 2011 has a build date of 05/11

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya. It's strange for sure. I downloaded no problem. You would think everyone would have the opportunity to do so. Oh well. Cheers.

Back