Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sick Saturn! and I'm down for decals...
ALSO I happen to have access to a small government-owned plane in the event of a zombie outbreak, any way I could have a number assigned to it? ;)

found this- http://www.bigcatstickershack.com/index.php/stickers/zombies/
hunting permits for states/nations, ZAV decals, etc. Enjoy!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

lol lets go withhhhhh ZAPP-023? i'll provide cover for you while you run the hordes over :p

stuffs gettin real serious now

the tires are a little stuffed but not to bad. I sloved the rubbing issues while driving and hitting bumps and not all bumps were small. I know if I were to take it off road right now that it would rub and cause problems but that will all be sloved here real soon.

Any way we can start getting a quote going with with every ones location and your number so that we may know who is active in this chat and know that who and where everyone is in case something does break out. I would love to see what everyone is driving as to see how perpeared everyone is so that we may know who to put in charge of what and where. Is there any Military in here, and wat are your jobs and specialits.

so i guess let me start

411 : davepeters : El Paso, TX : urban unit : army and mechanic : 2003 Saturn Vue

(in order by nnumber please. Thank you)

You can remake the list or I'll take over again, whatev works
470 : govna47 : Oak Ridge, NJ : uhhhhh : grocry store b****? : 2001 Explorer Sport

You can still do the list. But figure if we just quote it and add ur info yo the the list it would follow the form and everything. Plus we will know who is still active.

You can still do the list. But figure if we just quote it and add ur info yo the the list it would follow the form and everything. Plus we will know who is still active.

touché

touché. how would you like this form to go? I kinda guessed at the the info you gave.

so what is it?

ZAPV# : name : location : vehicle purpose? : qualifications/job? : Actual Vehicle

Or something like fhe info like that. i just think we could try to build a team

I always called my Beast a UAV (Urban Assault vehicle), but upgrading to a ZAPV with the requisite # would be an honor. What is the next available number for assignment?

Its Pick your own number , Alot Of The good Ones are Taken already , check the last few pages to see the list and numbers !

Here Ya Go Nassau ! --

TAKEN NUMBERS
OK IT HAPPENED, DOUBLES! FIGHT AMONGST YOURSELVES FOR YOUR NUMBER

nobodyspecial.....................0
2-Stripe.............................1-3
BlueMystc5.........................4
scubba.steve......................V (5)
CmdrPopNFresh....................6
Toast.................................7 - doubles
L4CX..................................7 - doubles (believe toast had first dibs)
zavaral...............................8
CCr....................................X (10)
exsport 1211.......................11
RedneckRambo....................12
Project_Exploder.................13
Keeper0311........................14
RedneckRambo's gf..............15
dersch6221992...................18 - double
wardbrandon28...................18 - double
97sprt4x4..........................19
kstrayhorn.........................20 - double
99 Yukon via CCr................XX (20) - double
Prof. Wernstrom..................24 (R.I.P 06March10)
seth247.............................25
MCD04EB...........................30
Wheels35...........................35
Pboss................................42
bloody45fsw.......................45
Shen2187...........................47
imfox.................................51
CCr's Mustang?....................66
alakers...............................69 - double
Xport.................................69 - double
HyperFox............................73
That911guy........................77 - double
Blazepet7...........................77 - double
97ford50x...........................88
xZombieHunterx (04 Subaru WRX) 89
xZombieHunterx (Prelude).......90 - double
Zenshu...............................90 - double
CharlieMedic.........................113
ShinySquirrelXLS...................114
93xplorer07.........................117
richy2kool...........................127
JustinLohmeyer....................131
Bruce'sexpo.........................161
Dopler174...........................174
spabula..............................213
explorer92smith....................247
technoboy 235.....................301
crowmagnum........................302
exsport 1211's wife...............311
SouthernSAR........................373
davepeters17.......................411
Govna47............................470
98 5oh XLT.........................503
jjaganashi...........................513
95'4.0exp............................619
Navajo_powah.....................666
kidd 666.............................666 - (believe Navajo_powah had first dibs)
Willcall................................806
Xeek Reserve.......................994
Xeek Reserve.......................995
Xeek Reserve.......................996
Xeek Reserve.......................997
Xeek Reserve.......................998
Xeek..................................999
ayyno.................................1011
BigJoe1094..........................1094
Nosveten.............................1857
SnpeBane2283.....................2283
Teejay4490.........................4490
muhl5443............................5150

L4CX...................................ZAPB1 (Zombie Attack Preparedness Bus)
^you get your own special category^

SouthernSAR........................ZAPP023 (Zombie Attack Preparedness Plane)
^you get your own special category as well^

FFS (For format's sake) ~ ZAPV# : name : location : vehicle purpose? : qualifications/job? : Actual Vehicle

ZAPV# 093: Tom Bartley : Denver CO : To handle all driving conditions well, from crawling to highway : I am The Fixer & Aerospace Engineer in progress : 1993 Ford Explorer XLT (The Beast)

Zombie Apocalypse Survival Map (Google Maps Format)

Zombie+Resource+Map.png

Found this on the internet. Too useful not to pass it on.

So it's the Zombie Apocalypse, and you're up ghoul creek without an assault rifle. If you absolutely must survive, Map of the Dead is the site for you. Simply plug in the coordinates of your Zack-proof bunker and the Zombie Survival Map will direct you away from danger zones and toward all the necessary gear you'll need to ride out the end of the world.

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

My data

ZAPV# 8675309 : Bruce Williams : Banning, CA : Mobile Image Capture & Transport : I'll document the Apocalypse with still images & video : 1992 Ford Explorer XLT

ZAPV# 373 : Jared : Naples, FL : Daily Driver, Search Vehicle : Student =P, somewhat of a pilot, Search and Rescue, knowledge of guns. lots of guns. : 2004 Explorer Sport Trac XLS (Silver Birch)

ZAPP# 023 : Naples Municipal Airport : Aerial Recon, Search and Rescue, Drug Demand Reduction, Misc DHS missions : Cessna 172/182T or Gippsland GA8 Caravan

OK so I'll keep the page 36 list up to date for numbers and such in case people come back and everything

New list structure (I guess) for currently actives:
ZAPV# : name (forum or actual) : location : vehicle purpose : qualifications/job : Actual Vehicle

Back