For Sale - Atlas II 3.8 T-Case for Explorer/Ranger $1,500 shipped | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Atlas II 3.8 T-Case for Explorer/Ranger $1,500 shipped

SOLD! Pending funds...Thanks!

Selling my Atlas II 3.8 T-Case. Used but in good working condition. $1,500 shipped Lower US... Comes with shifters and boots. New these go for $2,300 to $2,400 plus shipping.

This came out of my 1997 Explorer and is ready to plug in and go for same gen. Explorers & Rangers. (not sure on other years)

Has the standard tailhousing w/speedo and Explorer/Ranger input etc...

I'm going to list it for sale on a few other forums...but the free shipping is only for ExplorerForum members:salute: I'll knock off $200 if you pick it up in Lemon Grove, CA! (Get Some!)

http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/altas-2-speed/

Please let me know if you have any questions on it!

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dang,, too far away, and shipping would kill ,,

oh well, bump for a quick sale,

Do you know how tempting this is? Its really tempting?

...Did you purposely list this as soon as I left San Diego?..:p:

..Do you take payments, first child, blood?

..My Ranger is screaming for this but I can't produce the funds as of right now as I have my gears going in this week..:(

Man that is tempting...have to buy a ring soon though :(
Where in the cab do the shifters emerge? Say I have a full length center console...

Thanks all!

It is a great T-Case & ready to bolt in and go!

Here is a picture of the shifter location after install. You need to cut a hole in the trans. tunnel and the shifters come up just to the left of the center console...

Attachments

• Atlas-knob.jpg
    Atlas-knob.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 813

Congrats! Just for my information, what transmission did you have this mated to?

...Now I'm curious as I believe these are custom ordered and I clicked on your link in the first post..

..Do you know the specs as if it's a 2 or 4 speed and what the gears ratio's are for it? Standard or H.D.? front and rears standard or H.D...

..Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm studying up for when I can order one and I didn't know you needed to have an engineering degree to order one..:D

Ditto! I really wanted this one, but money and lack of knowledge stopped me pulling the trigger. So if you could school us on the stats, that would be appreciated.

...Now I'm curious as I believe these are custom ordered and I clicked on your link in the first post..

..Do you know the specs as if it's a 2 or 4 speed and what the gears ratio's are for it? Standard or H.D.? front and rears standard or H.D...

..Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm studying up for when I can order one and I didn't know you needed to have an engineering degree to order one..:D

It's a 2 speed case (hi & lo)with the 3.8 (low) ratio and the standard front and rear input/output...

Here is the shopping cart from Advanced Adapters with all the options listed and shipping...

This may not be 100% what it is but it's pretty close... You'd need to call Advanced Adapters and give 'em the serial numbers (in the pics) to find out for sure what all the options are on it.

Atlas 2 Speed Transfer Case

Gear Ratio: 3.8:1 Standard Duty
#Atlas38
Drop: Left hand drop (Drivers Side)
Input Spline: 23 Spline Input - (not sure on this one...whatever the standard Explorer trans. output is)
#A23SHORT
Tailhousing: Standard Tailhousing (w/ speedo provission)
#ALT32
Front Output: Standard Duty 26 Spline
#AF26
Rear Yoke: 1310 Non CV
#A1310
Front Yoke: 1310 CV
#A1310CV26
Speedometer: Mechanical Speedometer Module
Shifter Kit: Ford Ranger Bronco II or Explorer
#303001R

details | remove $0.00 $2,348.26 $2,348.26

Subtotal: $2,348.26

Calculate Shipping Country: Zip:
Estimated Shipping Costs:
FedEx 2 Day: $165.76
FedEx Express Saver (3 Day): $164.30
FedEx Priority Overnight: $391.65
FedEx Standard Overnight: $342.10
UPS 2nd Day Air: $159.69
UPS Ground: $73.26
UPS Next Day Air: $376.52

The standard options look like the case I sold...the Heavy Duty stuff is blue like the rings in this picture:

Attachments

• Atlas-.jpg
    Atlas-.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 898

..Thank you sir..:salute:

..After looking up other ones from the past on here there isn't much info on what people had ordered...Just that they got an Atlas...:dunno:

..I'm sure that will give me and others in the future a starting point on what to look for..:biggthump

Yes thank you very much! This is now on the 3 year plan...

..I previously posted before you added all the extra information..Wow..:eek:

..Thanks so much for taking the time, breaking that all down and sharing with us...:biggthump

Back