Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A very loose definition

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

I guess I put the defining line at willingness to run Pritchett Canyon

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

I guess I put the defining line at willingness to run Pritchett Canyon

Well im running 35s but if locked itll only be the rear or I guess since my LS in the rear works maybe I should do the front first? What do ya think?

Switch me from KOA or Oasis to Motel 6. Got a great deal there and the wife wants a bath tub for junior. :p:

BTW: I have spoke with Suicide77 in person and he is going to Moab. His rig is running 31's(?) and a 2.5" James Duff lift. Adamsbro, correct me if I am wrong...

I'll be stock with 31's and a rear LS,although I have my doubts on the condition of the clutch pack after 18 years,I will check it out and just maybe get a chance to refresh it.

Using Red Rocks rating system anything up to a 5 for me.:D

Switch me from KOA or Oasis to Motel 6. Got a great deal there and the wife wants a bath tub for junior. :p:

BTW: I have spoke with Suicide77 in person and he is going to Moab. His rig is running 31's(?) and a 2.5" James Duff lift. Adamsbro, correct me if I am wrong...

Hes running 32x11.50s

According to cruise moabs trail ratings I should be ok up to most 7s......I may have the wife talked into letting me get both lockers then ill be good for pritchett canyon.

Look into getting a Dana Trac-lok LS($300 new) for the front.

Ok.... So, I expressed my need to go on this trip to my wife and I have been granted tentative permission to go. That being said, I have a few (not huge) issues to hammer out and I should be a GO, within the next few days, hopefully.

Ok.... So, I expressed my need to go on this trip to my wife and I have been granted tentative permission to go. That being said, I have a few (not huge) issues to hammer out and I should be a GO, within the next few days, hopefully.

Nice!

im a go as long as the carnage from the rock race at Rednecks with Paychecks in march isnt to much to fix in a few months..
It will be nice to finally meet some of you guys.

So I see there is a mix of people staying at campgrounds and hotels. Any recommendations for hotels? Are the hotels/campgrounds pretty close together? I see there is also free first come, first serve camping areas. Are these anywhere near to the hotels/KOA/canyon lands camp grounds? I would like to stay as close to the group as possible.

As for campgrounds, Oasis Campground offers cabins starting at $45/night. Motel 6 is budget friendly and is remodeling this winter. Sleep Inn is a fairly inexpensive hotel at the south end of town. Most of the local places will be cheaper. Adventure Inn offers a great rate with nice rooms. Most people seem to be at canyonlands campground which is right downtown.

Made reservations at the Branding Iron for 7pm Saturday. They are under new ownership, which is actually the original ownership:confused:. They seemed very accommodating to hosting us once again.:chug:

So I see there is a mix of people staying at campgrounds and hotels. Any recommendations for hotels? Are the hotels/campgrounds pretty close together? I see there is also free first come, first serve camping areas. Are these anywhere near to the hotels/KOA/canyon lands camp grounds? I would like to stay as close to the group as possible.

You can spit across town ;) Nothing is more than a few minutes away, with KOA being the farthest out of town. Canyonlands is in the middle of town, but doesn't feel like it with all the trees, ravine, etc. The hotels are all within minutes of each other.

I'm confirmed at the Silver Sage Inn for arrival on May 8th. I think I'm a "big pack dog" according to your definition - locked front & rear on 33's with 6" lift (4" suspension lift + 2" body lift)

i just checked out the moab cruise trail ratings.. i should be good through 10...
ive never been out to moab, should be fun..

Hey, GJarrett is going.. ill make sure to bring my
"This guy Herculined his Hootus --->" shirt

Hah. And I notice you live in the town I used to live in before I moved to SC!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hah. And I notice you live in the town I used to live in before I moved to SC!
Yeah, been in rowlett for 2 years now, sold my house in garland and got a little piece of land here with the house and shop.

Back