2006 Eb V8 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Eb V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kind of a different question here, dont want to start thread just to ask so. Does the 06 comes with a cabin air filter?

Does the navigation offer up to the minute traffic aid?

No, the Navi doesn't offer traffic updates

It should though. It would simply require software modifications and would make it a huge selling point for Ford.

If its that simple then Ford should get on it right away. I have seen the industry promoting navigation as a fuel saver, especialy when it has the update feature.

Its that simple for new units. For the thousands of units already out there it would require a "recall" or for the owner to stop in on their own accord for the reprogramming. Then there is the issue of who will pay for the tech to do the work; Ford or the consumer?

As long they treat it as a service call I dont think there should be much worry from the consumer. Ford should set a fixed price for the upgrade, then people would determine if its worth their while or not.

Don't know how we got off the hesitation on the 06's But mine does the same and just when you are ready to make a move -- Hesitation --
Gotta be a way to solve this Really not happy with the response
Going onto a traffic circle Made my move Scary when nothing happens for 2 seconds Hope we find the fix

The CEO said:
Its that simple for new units. For the thousands of units already out there it would require a "recall" or for the owner to stop in on their own accord for the reprogramming. Then there is the issue of who will pay for the tech to do the work; Ford or the consumer?

What tech work, all it would require is a new DVD.

DVD = Digital Video Disk. :eek:

I suppose the solution for the hesitation is also as simple.

DvD = Digital VERSATILE Disc !!

Garth said:
DVD = Digital Video Disk. :eek:

I suppose the solution for the hesitation is also as simple.

Hehe, um, no. Hesitation is in a tranny or engine ECU. The navi software though is all on the DVD you insert behind the screen.

The tech work I am referring to is a Ford technitian actually reprogramming the unit. I am sure most consumer have no idea how the OS and other aspects of the Navi unit work.

The CEO said:
The tech work I am referring to is a Ford technitian actually reprogramming the unit. I am sure most consumer have no idea how the OS and other aspects of the Navi unit work.

OK, I thought you meant a technician at a dealer. But Ford didn't do any of the programming on the navi - Pioneer did. :)

Poineer units a usually very good. Its a good idea for Ford to continue using them.

Everything these days are run by some kind of software and if Ford would work the kinks out of it, I am sure the hesitation problem could be addressed properly.

Though I thing its done intentionally so to obtain the required mpg. and thats the reason why even after the new torque and hp #s there is no mark off the line inprovement.

Since the navigation unit does not adversely effect mileage Ford should just go a head and up the software. I mean they forgot to put guages in the cluster and a few other minors but these are the things that takes the vehicle from good to better.

My EB, with 5,000 miles, is going to the shop this Friday for:

Alignment issues---pulls left on every road I'm on; most notably on the highway. I suspect poor alignment.

Shimmy, mainly in the seats (rear wheels?), at 75mph on highway--any surface. Can feel it a BIT in the steering wheel, but it's noticable most in the seats. Annoying on a long trip, like the one I just returned from. Wonder if faulty alignment could be adding to this, or if it's just a balance issue? Did I mention that it was annoying? It is.

Moisture in drivers side tailight

Hesitation issues at take-off

That seems like a lot of issues for a car with 5,000 miles.

Shumax

Thankfully none of those issues, the hesitation happens occasionally, but i attribute some of that due to the drive by wire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That drive by wire (hesitation)can be dangerous particularly at intersections
Hope someone comes up with the fix

Back