Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Discussion in 'Solid Axle Swap Registry' started by 94 Crawler, November 22, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 94 Crawler

94 Crawler Active Member

City, State:
    Stantonsburg,NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '94 Ranger SuperCab
    Hi guys It's been a while since I have posted or even been on the EF. Around Christmas the zf started making a noise Input bearing I think. Due to a stack of excuses I have yet to fix it. Hopefully by the end of the month the Ranger will be in the shop again and I will get the tranny fixed/ I hope it can be fixed.

Any way the Radius arms are stock ends both sides. I choped off tie I beam abought 8"back from the clamp. Cleaned them well and built up the inside of the I with flatbar 1/4" at a time. When both sides were finished I drilled the sandwitch of flat,flat,flat, Ibeam,flat,flat,flat and welded 1/2" dowls (cut off bolts) through the sandwitch for insurance incase the forged arm decides to break at the weld. The sandwich was cit down at the ends so it would slide in the 2" dom, 1/4 wall of corse. Then i made the outside triangles you see in the pics for outside caps. Welded them on them the top was more 1/4" flat.

Honnestly the Duff arm would probably flex better, most likely safer and in the end would be cheaper if you figure time materials the close to 40 realy hot beads run on each beam building it. But hell it was a learning expirence.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 94 Crawler

94 Crawler Active Member

City, State:
    Stantonsburg,NC
    '94 Ranger SuperCab
    Oh and those are the 1 ton cheby joints. I bought the kit from Ballistic Fab. Joints weld in bungs dom. The knuckles are reamed but un fortunatly with the lift they bind when the driver side droops. A problem that will be cured when i get my chevy outers drilled for high steer.

4. bozone802

bozone802 New Member

City, State:
    MT
    1999 Ranger XLT
    truck looks sweet! im totally copying your rear shock mounts!

5. 94 Crawler

94 Crawler Active Member

City, State:
    Stantonsburg,NC
    '94 Ranger SuperCab
    Away to long

Hi guys and gals. I havent posted in quite a while. Not alot has changed Changed my stereo system, changed it again, and third time is a charm. Lost a clutch and an axle bearing. Mainly driving and turning heads.

Showed in a couple of shows, Brake N Limits in Selma NC in September (Took Best Offroad) and Freak Show In Kinston last month (Third in Mini 4X4). I got more pics with my Phone and I'll try to post them later.

car show 001.JPG

158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: February 9, 2018