• Register Today It's free!

Apten Chips HELP

COMMOCOZY

Reaction score
City, State
Waukegan Il, 60087
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
Dose anyone know how to get a hold of these folks. I have sent 3 e-mails now with NO response. I purchased my chip about 6 months or so ago, and never got to install it. Now that it is in, it sets off my CELL and I can't pass emissions... Any ideas"?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone?

If you can take a pic I can tell you what style chip you have. If it was 6 months ago, you probably have the Superchip style chip. You can get Bama chips (do a search) to reburn it for you.

As for Apten, from what I've heard they went out of business.

BeauJ said:
If you can take a pic I can tell you what style chip you have. If it was 6 months ago, you probably have the Superchip style chip. You can get Bama chips (do a search) to reburn it for you.

As for Apten, from what I've heard they went out of business.

Gotta love that... They make a crappy ass product, and I have to pay to have their **** fixed! I'll get a pic, I apprecate the help man!

Just for grins, did you sand the contacts well, are they hyper clean?did you disconect the batt before the install?
Apten actually made some good stuff, is old tech but most of it worked

COMMOCOZY said:
Gotta love that... They make a crappy ass product, and I have to pay to have their **** fixed! I'll get a pic, I apprecate the help man!

You telling me. I asked them to burn 5 simple thing, they did ONE. YES, one thing I asked. Then told me to send it back and I'd get it back 2 weeks later :rolleyes:

yeah drop a line to Doug at Bama chips ( www.bamachips.com ) tell him you hang out here and he will take good care of you. I will promise you that.

How about picking up a phone? Its such a better way of communication.

Yea I tried to get a hold of Apten and no luck. My chip crapped out on me after 2 years..Im stuck with a 300$ piece of plastic and metal

IAmTodd said:
How about picking up a phone? Its such a better way of communication.

If a phone number could be found I agree... However it seems they went out of business cause they sucked, so that isn't going to happen...

Like someone else suggested, just get your chip re-burned by Doug (Bamachips.com). Apten isn't a brand of chips, just a tuner. Doug can re-burn your chip, assuming it's SCT. Apten was once a premium tuner, but that went downhill once their key guy went to SCT.

Definitely try some of the tips someone mentioned re: connectivity (cleaning contacts etc). I had a chip for a while, and they're very moody. You WILL run into problems if it's not connected properly. I ditched my chip and went with a flasher to avoid all that hassle.

Good luck.

COMMOCOZY said:
If a phone number could be found I agree... However it seems they went out of business cause they sucked, so that isn't going to happen...
They did not actually go out of businuess, they were bought and joined with another motorsport company.
Here is their old website address: http://www.apten-us.com/ Not sure if that phone number is valid though.
If that doesn't work, I've got a box at home that has their new address and name on it.

Back