Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer's Rustic Sites

gallery2.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what Google told me....Attica's Primative Sites

pictures24.jpg

Everything is still the same as it was before the new owner. If you act like and idiot your gonna get thrown out. Same as any other campground. We have camped there for 2 years and we have sat and had a few beers around the campfire after wheeling. I would stick with one rule they have and do not bring bottles, or at least do not carry them around the camp.

This is not really not that big of a deal people. Everything is such drama over here at this site.

The campground is flat. As a matter of fact before it was a campground it was a corn field. If you don't want to camp there, don't. We are not going to get a special deal no matter how many we bring. If you do not camp there you will have to load up on the trailer each night and head about 10 miles to the campground, then head back to badlands and wait in line to get in the park. From the Attica campground, all you have to do is get in your trail rig and drive up to the gate and go in. This is the last time I explain this. I will see you all in June!!!

By the way Rick, I am camping at attica.

Summers is a nice camp ground I stayed there last time I went to the Badlands. Nice clean sites and had hot showers too!

I myself plan on staying where the "group" stays as I would like to hang out and meet as many people as I can.

Eric

mechanix said:
I myself plan on staying where the "group" stays as I would like to hang out and meet as many people as I can.

Same here.

Dman - got you covered for camping gear if need be. I've got an 8 man, 5man, and a 2man tent and I aint using them all...

Rick - I'll be at the Attica campground too.

PS Cableguy's right about the rules being the same.....just don't get stupid and we'll be fine.

Count me in for the Attica Campground.

I posted something about this on TRS, and also saw it on RRORC. I am planning to attend as well, I've got a few wheeling buddies that are also planning to come along. I'm looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Attica here also

i plan on signing up in a week or two whenever i get my sas done.

Question... I would like to setup a potluck dinner for our group on
Saturday night. Would it be alright to hold this at the campground
even if some of the attendees of the dinner may not be camping with you?
Yes, your dinner will be fine. We just need to make sure everyone, guests included, stop in the office to sign a waiver and get a wrist band.

Will you have any idea as to what kind of sites you will be needing?

Looking forward to your event!
Carrie

I just sent another email to her asking if it's ok to park next to your tents.

if all else fails with this camping ordeal, im just gonna fold the rear seats in the back down and call it a night. Whats the rate at summers?

(Note from Rick: This is NOT where most of the group is staying. We are staying here http://atticacamping.com/ )

Summer's Campground
5509 North 200 East
Attica, IN 47918

765-762-2832

Primative Campground

$14 per night for two people
$7 per night for each additional adult

Water + Eletric

$18 per night for two people
$7 per night for each additional adult

He recomended that we reserve early since June books quickly.

My e-mails with the new owners say that the campground rules are still the same as before and that parking next to your tent is not against the rules at all. Like cableguy said above, the campground is only worried about the atv and bikes.

its a viscous circle :eek: I just wanna be next to my truck....we have that bond you know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i'm in for whereever we go. my truck will most likely be my tent. or maybe.... i'll sleep on the ground for once in my life. i think my dad bought like five 2 or 4 man tents at walmart when he caught em on clearance. maybe i can put em together and make a tent mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back