Didn't like it at first, but.. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Didn't like it at first, but..

I totally agreed about the Bronco, I emailed Ford not long ago requesting info about them bringing it back, they told me to just watch the media site, and I do, almost every day I check it, but more often than not I'm saddened by the things I see on that site.

The 2010 Liberty's not all bad, I do agree about poor Chrysler quality though (for a while there Jeep was possibly getting sold to International, that would have been awesome), you should check these sites out:
JBA 2" and 4" Lifts
Rock Lizard Fabrications
Rocky Road - Liberty Drivetrain

From what I hear, I can't recommend Rocky Road's lift or armor over JBA or Rock Lizard's stuff.
I know a lot of people think the KK and KJ's are girly, but I like the KK. And while I can't say I like how the KJ looks, I can say I've seen a KJ with dual solids, which is more than one can say about newer explorers.
But anyway, KK's have fair amount of offroad support if your interested. I've even seen photos of a KK in Canada that has a custom winch bumper.
(If you're confused, 08+ Liberty = KK, Gen1 Liberty = KJ)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

umm...*prepares to be stoned* a 2010 Jeep Liberty

-Jeep Liberty is not a bad SUV. I haven't heard too many bad things about the Jeep Libertys like I have other chrysler cars. Since they are a Jeep, there has to be a good amount of aftermarket products for it.
-When I was out looking for a car to purchase, I found a couple of Jeep libertys that were a possibility, but the one I really liked had over 100K milwa, and I was looking for something with 50-60K miles. :(
-And with the Bronco, there are many sites saying its suppose to come-back soon. I wish it would I'd buy one.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2011-ford-f-100.htm
--F-100-based Bronco SUV to answer the hot-selling four-door Jeep Wrangler and to replace the Explorer Sport Trac that’s expected to phase out during 2010.-- From the article
So by that article is that saying the bronco, is replacing the sport trac, and if I understood that right, they're saying the bronco will have four doors! :( I hope not. Compitition for a 4 door jeep (from ford), should be something like the explorer sportsman concept.
Another article from a good magazine
http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6249747/whats-new/new-midsize-trucks-coming-from-ford/index.html
This magazine says 2 SOLID AXLES :) Removable top, fold down windshield... Now there's a sweet Bronco. Will it be made soon? I hope so.

11 EXPLORER UNVEILED TOMORROW

-Jeep Liberty is not a bad SUV. I haven't heard too many bad things about the Jeep Libertys like I have other chrysler cars. Since they are a Jeep, there has to be a good amount of aftermarket products for it.
-When I was out looking for a car to purchase, I found a couple of Jeep libertys that were a possibility, but the one I really liked had over 100K milwa, and I was looking for something with 50-60K miles. :(
-And with the Bronco, there are many sites saying its suppose to come-back soon. I wish it would I'd buy one.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2011-ford-f-100.htm
--F-100-based Bronco SUV to answer the hot-selling four-door Jeep Wrangler and to replace the Explorer Sport Trac that’s expected to phase out during 2010.-- From the article
So by that article is that saying the bronco, is replacing the sport trac, and if I understood that right, they're saying the bronco will have four doors! :( I hope not. Compitition for a 4 door jeep (from ford), should be something like the explorer sportsman concept.
Another article from a good magazine
http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6249747/whats-new/new-midsize-trucks-coming-from-ford/index.html
This magazine says 2 SOLID AXLES :) Removable top, fold down windshield... Now there's a sweet Bronco. Will it be made soon? I hope so.

11 EXPLORER UNVEILED TOMORROW

Apparently you didn't look at how old those articles are. They're 2 years old...

I did see how old those articles are/were. Still if Ford had it planned then, Ford must still have it planned, just maybe those are just on hold for now.
But its a fact...
The Sport Trac will be discontinued.
The Ranger may be discountinued.
There will be a replacement for both. Test mules of the T6 ranger has been sighted, its similar to the new mazda b-series (overseas). But one things for sure, with the introduction of a new truck, maybe means a new SUV version based on that same chassis.
Look at the first article...2011 F100/Ranger... Even if it was back in 08, still it could be true information. Its known the Ranger is due for a refresh, whether its a ranger, f100.
Here's the test mule ranger
This was testing in europe, but the ranger is going to be on a global platform.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6550343/future/spied-2012-ford-ranger-testing-in-europe/index.html
2012-ford-ranger.jpg

I still beleive the bronco is going to be brought back because...
1. Jeep Wrangler's popularity
2. Toyota Fj cruiser
3. Ford needs a comparable model...and thats the Bronco
There are plans for different versions of the Fj Cruiser, because its popular, its the next best thing to a Jeep Wrangler, and These 2 aren't really in the same class.

I would love for them to bring back the Bronco as a true off roader, but I have a hard time seeing a lower volume vehicle being introduced from Ford right now. And I have heard so many different things about the Ranger that it's hard to tell exactly what's going to happen right now.

True on the ranger bit... The ranger is up in the air. No one knows whats happening to that truck. I'd like the ranger to look like this:
Ford_Ranger_Wildtrak_007.jpg

But the bit with the bronco, I think it will be a low volume car to a point...Once word gets out about its capability, then it probably would start having increased sales. I'll post some pictures of the new explorer tomorrow....I hope it doesn't disgrace the explorer name.

Global platform Ranger (ie. the Ranger Europe, Asia and Africa already have) isn't too bad. Not as nice as Ford coming out with a SWB, Dual Solid Axle SUV (such as Bronco remake), but if you look up the Ranger Wildtrak, isn't doesn't seem all bad - reminds me of the ST a bit.

And I totally agreed about those articles, I was reading through all the ones I could find not long ago, but then I too started noticing the dates and decided that the likelihood of anything like that is slim, except the article I saw about a possible F100 Sport Truck (ie. lowered, big wheels, no practical application, etc. - If you own a sport truck, sorry but those and massive spoilers are the enemy in my book).
Speaking of that, I talked with someone the other day about how amusing it would be to get a Honda Civic, put turbos and a bunch of carbon fiber to replace heavy parts, gut it, put two 10ft spoilers mounted upside-down on the hood and trunk, and, finally, drive at it at top speed at a 10ft jump in the salt flats. No real reason, other than to watch it destroy itself, and fly for a bit.

EDIT: Argh! You've spoiled my post.

That Ranger isn't too bad, but I'd imagine they'd update the front to look more like the Ford trucks over her (at least I would hope).

Uncovered Photos Found!

Sorry for so many posts, but here it is: The 2011 Explorer
bilde

bilde

2011_ford_explorer_2_cd_gallery.jpg

Ok just to add in my .02 I cried about the new explorer I wasnt expecting an offroading monster but I had no idea they wanted to replace the windstar with it now I am just praying that there will a nice ranger comming

Now here's the timeline of the X 4-Dr
Timeline of the Explorer:
Model Years: 1991-1994
1993_ford_explorer.jpg

Model Years: 1995-2001
1996%20Ford%20Explorer.jpg

Model Years: 2002-2005
02explorer_red.jpg

Model Years: 2006-2010
06.explorer.1_(400x300).jpg

Model Years: 2011-?

Think next Explorer I'll be buying in a few years is a 4th then later-on a 5th gen.

That cop's there to make sure people like me don't run up with a bucket of mud to see if the traction control system actually works.

The whole explorer timeline actually looks pretty much as expected if you keep public opinion in mind.

The whole explorer timeline actually looks pretty much as expected if you keep public opinion in mind.

With US auto manufacturers fighting for their lives, public opinion and their purchases are all that count right now. It wasn't too long ago that GM and Chrysler were on the brink and still are to some extent. This new Explorer should help Ford's bottom line quite a bit, and once that happens, Ford can begin to think about special segment vehicles again, like they have done with the Mustang. Remember, last year Ford sold only about 55K Explorers down from the 400K in '91.

I'd like to see them get a clean diesel as an engine option. Those manufacturers that have, can't keep the vehicles on the lot.

The 2011 X's Order Guide is posted over in the Blue Oval News forum :D

Here comes the oval... ;)

graph22.png

So here's the new edge...and the explorer comparision. Not too much is different.
2011-ford-edge.jpg

Interiors:
explorer
bilde

edge
2011_ford_edge_interior_4_cd_gallery.jpg

The interiors up front are the same :D
To conclude...the Edge is basically the sportier street version of the explorer, and the explorer is the family version of the edge.. And then we have the Flex, the closest thing to a minivan.

As far as Ford's bottom line is considered, Ford's doing well enough to take a chance and make some people who want actual utility vehicles a bit happy. I'm not asking for something completely contrary to the whole "big-rims, lots of chrome and no ground clearance" movement, but maybe just maintaining the 8.7" ground clearance and keeping RWD. It's just rather depressing that they tossed RWD out the window just to save weight and gain MPG.

On that note, is Jeep the only US company that still makes SUVs that have utility applications, or am I forgetting something?

That six month chart makes me really pity landies, they should bring us Defenders.

True. Jeep wrangler, I beleive on the vinyl floors has holes in the floor for you to wash out the interior if there is mud. Thats the Utility in Sport Utility Vehicle :)
I like the 11 grand cherokee's off-road system the best. Suspension raises in certain modes...good idea.

Agreed, Touareg's, L3/LR4s and Euro ML's with Offroad package have had that for a while, but they're like $5-20k more than Grand Cherokee last I checked.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, all the luxury SUVs with 4wd systems get the nice stuff first, then the normal SUVs get the systems. Anyone think the next gen F150 will get the system or not?

I noticed the peak of this thread was about 3-5 days before the X was released :)

Back