Saw the 2011 Explorer today - "naked" | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Saw the 2011 Explorer today - "naked"

The explorer is not a truck any more... :dead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are getting to be so many SUV style crossovers out there now that it's hard to tell one brand from another. When it comes time to buy one, it all boils down to which one has the most cup holders and is there a place I can stick my gum.

That would be great for them to do.. it is 20 years in the making..

~Mark

So when are they going to come test it with us:D

From the article:

The Explorer is moving away from body-on-frame to unitized construction and hence will no longer get such off-road mainstays as a transfer case or locking differential, Ford spokesman Jay Ward confirmed on Thursday for Inside Line.

"You won't go rock-crawling in the new Explorer the way you could in the old one," Ward said, adding that two-thirds of Explorer owners never went off-road anyway.

Ward said the new terrain management system was designed because "there is confusion about which button to press" for the four-wheel-drive settings in the current Explorer.

"The vast majority of customers don't know what 4 high or 4 low buttons do," he said, adding that the new system is "more consumer-friendly."

:( :banghead:

Look like toyota and Jeep will be king of the hill for now on...

why is it every new ford i see is fuglier than the last one. the mustang was awesome with the redesign and now the latest iteration is looking kind of bland. i was always blue blood but i havent had anything to respond to all my gm and import friends. they keep making it harder for me to like them. i thought the new silverado was ugly then i drove by the ford dealer. the only exciting cars/trucks on my local ford dealer lots re the dodges.... :(

The 2010 Eddie Bauer we ordered is listed as built and shipped, so hopefully today we will see it at the dealership. After seeing all of the 2011 pics, I am really glad we ordered a 2010. It seems like the last year of the explorer, even though they are still going to call the new 2011 a explorer.

Sounds like they are making it an SUV instead of a 4x4/truck :(

The 2010 Dark Copper Eddie Bauer that we ordered 2 months ago came in today. WOW, this thing is beautiful with that color combo and the 18" chrome wheels. I am sooooo glad we bought a 2010 instead of waiting for the 2011. Now to get the magnaflow cat-back on it so we can hear that V-8 singing!!

We need pics lol

The 2010 Dark Copper Eddie Bauer that we ordered 2 months ago came in today. WOW, this thing is beautiful with that color combo and the 18" chrome wheels. I am sooooo glad we bought a 2010 instead of waiting for the 2011. Now to get the magnaflow cat-back on it so we can hear that V-8 singing!!

No, you're NOT buying an exhaust until we see the G-D pics of this thing!!! :D

No, you're NOT buying an exhaust until we see the G-D pics of this thing!!! :D

Sorry, but the exhaust came in before the explorer did. The only digital camera I have is a old Sony that holds a full size floppy. If I get pics on a floppy, can you tell me how to post them? Or I can e-mail them to someone who knows how to do it. Thanks!

You can upload them to a site like photobucket.com and then post the link here... Or an Elite membership will allow you to store them on the forum site.

We used to have one of those:

[IMG]http://www.governmentauctions.org/uploaded_images/flop-798625.JPG

You can upload them to a site like photobucket.com and then post the link here... Or an Elite membership will allow you to store them on the forum site.

We used to have one of those:

[IMG]http://www.governmentauctions.org/uploaded_images/flop-798625.JPG

My dad bought our Sony/floppy camera way back. It was like $500+ back then. Probably worthless now.

That pic was part of a set listing on Amazon- $25 for the camera... Sad...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That pic was part of a set listing on Amazon- $25 for the camera... Sad...

Kinda like when calculators first came out, they were like $50-$75, now you can get one for $5. I still remember when the first set of aluminum heads came out for the 5.0. They were made by Alan Root and they were about $2500 a set. Now you can choose from a bunch of companies for under $1000.Kinda like me, I used to amount to something years ago, now I'm not much good for anything!

Back