Headlight/Tailight Tint

rafamofon

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer LTD
Hello All,
I'm considering tinting(smoking) my headlights and tailights on my Platinum White 2013 Explorer as I look to give it a darker look by tinting windows/lights and painting my rims black but had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with. First, is the film a thicker one than the ones used for window tinting? And Second, On average what can I expect the tint to last from normal driving in sunny San Diego?

Any recommended vendors?

Thanks for all your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've used Lamin-X before. It is actually very durable. It is thicker than window tint film. Installation is pretty easy, but Lamin-X's pre cut films aren't always exact so you may have to trim some places. All in all, for about 60 bucks, Lamin-X would be the way to go.

I've used Lamin-X before. It is actually very durable. It is thicker than window tint film. Installation is pretty easy, but Lamin-X's pre cut films aren't always exact so you may have to trim some places. All in all, for about 60 bucks, Lamin-X would be the way to go.

Second this, I've also used their products and they are of the highest quality. I was actually just looking at ordering some this afternoon.

Thanks for the info... Which film did you end up going with? Dark Smoke?

post up pics when you do it,

I am thinking of trying plasti dip smoke for my headlights and tail lights.

definity use plasti dip for your rims that way you can always go back if you don't like the look anymore

I always use the "tint" option from Lamin-x as it allows something like 93% of the light to pass through as to no reduce visibility too much.

Back