• Register Today It's free!

Major roll

List of damge
-Bent frame, gas tank pushing into the rear drive shaft
-Bent wristed radius arm
-Bent rim, tire still holdig air
-All but three windows
-Roof colapsed about 1 to 1 1/2 feet
-Broken front Panhard bar, still salvageable with parts.
-Drivers side rock slider
-Not a straight body panel with the exception of the unscathed rear hatch.
-Drivers door no longer closes after being pryed open.

Everything else is good. Just need a new frame and body to transfer all the parts over. Didn't even break any lights.

Here's the story, as usual, as with my previous roll over, it is not very exciting. Driving dow a fire road at about 20 mph, I reached over to grab the CB mic from the passenger floorboard. I drifted right as I did this and the passenger side hit the supersoft shoulder of the fire road. I tried to correct, but to no avail we went over and ended up about 30 ft down up against a tree, upside down. The two boys were both on the passenger side and were out easy. I was pinned and it required a little bit of pressure from a wich to pull me off the roof a little to give me enough room to get out of the drivers side window.

It took three winches to get it out, but she still runs and moves under her own power. Of course, this was after I pulled the plugs and cleared the oil out of the cylinders.

I will post picture later when I get home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got that door from a friends Ex after he totaled it...

But how does that explain Char's roll over accident yesterday in our '04 Mach 1?

Yep, you read right. She's ok. The car... let's just say it's hurtin'. :(

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Rick said:

But how does that explain Char's roll over accident yesterday in our '04 Mach 1?

bwwwwwttttt, she is ok, but is she in the hospital?

what the hell happened?

Holy crap. I am glad she is alright but again, what the hell happened. I know she is tough, but was she shaken up in the non physical way? Sorry to hear about the Mach 1, but metal can always be replaced.

WOW!! How do you flip a Mach 1? Man sorry to hear that Rick, glad she's allright...

Rick said:

That door is tearing our community apart :(

:confused:

Woah about Char. Glad she is alright! :eek:

This is all I got... She was passing a 350 Z, the rear broke loose, the car hit a dirt irrigation ditch sideways and flipped it on it's lid. The car basically fell over, it didn't skid across the ground at all. The roof is pushed down about 4" just above the windshield. The windshield is the only broken glass. The front left fender is bent, a busted mirror and two flats is about all the damage.

Physically she found a bruise on her arm today. Mentally, she was on the phone with 911 while she was still in the car :D She was upside down and couldn't get out until someone opened the drivers door for her. She says she's learned her lesson and that she'll be more mellow... We can only hope ;)

sounds like a case of the lead foot...but who can blame her in that awesome car :D

atleast she is ok and teh car is not to badly dammaged

lets blame it on the 350z........rice

Oh man!!! Rick I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad Char is ok, but the poor Mach :(! Hope you can get it fixed or replaced......

Aw man, THAT SUCKS! Damn... you have to be going at a pretty good clip just to lift a Mach's tire, let alone roll it! :( I'm sorry to hear that, hope everything gets fixed quick.

You seem to be taking this well, Rick!

I should have known it was her ego that a Chevy was in her way. I am surprized she was able to get to her cell while upside down. I still haven't found mine from my roll,

Sorry to hear about the Mach Rick. Glad to here Char is alrite!

I always try to keep my cell attached to my charger while in the car just incase something like that would happen. It may bounce around, but those clips on mine don't like to let go very easily!

Progress report

Here's the latest on progress. It's getting there.
154MVC-538S.jpg

It still needs a left front fender ;)
154MVC-537S.jpg

Hey Trckmagik, what color is that fender?

Hey DWD, it looks like you are rolling dragster style there.

Wow, DWD you work fast. Rick sorry to hear about Char and the Mach1, glad she is all right.

Kevin Sorry for your loss!!!! How far is Mt Vernon from Olympia? Have tools will travel and work for beer!! hehe

Rick sorry to hear about Char and the Mach 1.

I happen to have 2 sets of spare complete headlight & corners sets for the 1st gen. You can have them and if you aren't too far I will drop them off.

I am off exit 227 on I-5. It's about 120 miles to here. Thanks for the offer on the lights, but I actualy have both sets. They are just off right now as it's easier to get the power wiring harness off and on. Come up anytime. I am on leave until Dec 2nd and plan to have this thing 99% done by then. I say 99% because the roll cage will make it done and I am sure that won't be done yet.

I nominate Char for the roll over posse. Any one can flop an X. It takes the great spotter ability meshed with extra ordinary driving skills to roll a Mach 1. ;) Glad she is OK. Kevin thats moving right along. :thumbsup: I have a white fender you could have but the front half is bare metal where the paint burned off.

Back