How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
That and the motors that are on it appear to be the same hardware but they don't have the correct software. Looks like you have to replace motors with Lincoln MKT motors.

I may breakdown and buy some motors to swap to do a proof of concept but I don't think anybody wants this feature enough to drop $100+ on motors and also taking the time to add the wires.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last night conjured a bit, and today after the trip was to Park and saw the dynamic line. The only catch, they don't work if you don't drive a couple hundred meters ahead. Think, why and what to do? But the myth about the relationship dynamic lines from the steering rack and the assistant Parking assistance finally dispelled. So the complete set of Lim can be enabled.

Last night conjured a bit, and today after the trip was to Park and saw the dynamic line. The only catch, they don't work if you don't drive a couple hundred meters ahead. Think, why and what to do? But the myth about the relationship dynamic lines from the steering rack and the assistant Parking assistance finally dispelled. So the complete set of Lim can be enabled.

Thanks for the update.
Please do share the values, as I am interested on testing this out.

Necessarily, only I would like to repeat the experiment on another machine, to be sure of success.

Andron78,

Please, share what you have done. There are MANY more here that will test/experiment, this way we can verify for sure you got it right! Also, a couple of people here maintain a list of the mods found and give great credit to those whose found it! (1995E and PlatinumOwner IIRC)

Finally got around to trying the forscan mods I've been putting off:

1. Right IPC control -> change went through, lost access to "Navigation" and "Entertainment" options (Only have "Phone" and "Climate")
2. Temp on right IPC -> Successful
3. Heated/cooled seats on home -> did not work again, not sure why this specific one does not work for me without losing access to "rear" climate control.

Forscan version 2.3.10 beta released on Thursday with these new features for our vehicles:

2016-2017 Explorers:
ABS Service Bleed
Calibrate Lateral Acceleration Sensor
IPMB Local Interconnect Network New Module Calibration (front camera calibration)

And my favorite:
Calibrate Lane Departure Warning System for 2013-2017 models.

Hey Guys, I need some help. I am going on a road trip and have fast blinkers right now. I would also like to enable a 12v port to be always on. Also, I managed to smash my Surface yesterday and it had all my as built data on it.

How do I;
  1. stop the fast blinkers
  2. enable constant 12v
  3. recover my as build data
Thanks

DDM.JPG
PMD.JPG
I'm Having problems with reverse tilt, Explorer Sport 2017. I have made the changes in PlatinumOwner posted and I'm getter no joy DDM 740.03.01 & 740.13.01 PDM 741.03.01 & 741.13.01 IPC 720.02.01
Reading the Calibration instructions, item 4 says.
"Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops" well nothing happens. So I have to adjust them down using the control button.
I finish the rest of the Calibration instructions, put the shifter in reverse nothing happens.
If I press one of the mirror buttons, the mirror tilts, put the shifter back into part or drive, the mirror stays tilted until I depress the mirror button again.
Brian

View attachment 98525 View attachment 98526 I'm Having problems with reverse tilt, Explorer Sport 2017. I have made the changes in PlatinumOwner posted and I'm getter no joy DDM 740.03.01 & 740.13.01 PDM 741.03.01 & 741.13.01 IPC 720.02.01
"Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops" well nothing happens. So I have to adjust them down using the control button.
I finish the rest of the Calibration instructions, put the shifter in reverse nothing happens.
If I press one of the mirror buttons, the mirror tilts, put the shifter back into part or drive, the mirror stays tilted until I depress the mirror button again.
Brian

The below is what I used on my 2016 Sport
DDM
740-03-01 FCCx xx
740-13-01 FCxx

PDM
741-03-01 FCCx xx
741-13-01 FCxx

View attachment 98525 View attachment 98526 I'm Having problems with reverse tilt, Explorer Sport 2017. I have made the changes in PlatinumOwner posted and I'm getter no joy DDM 740.03.01 & 740.13.01 PDM 741.03.01 & 741.13.01 IPC 720.02.01
Brian

Fully disconnect from the car then reconnect and read the module data again.

Sometimes it doesn't take the write and you need to double check that it did successfully. Sometimes after doing ignition cycles after a programming session you don't have the car fully on and when you write it looks like it worked but in reality it didn't.

Exp 2016 lim

740-03-01
Eххх хххх
Fххх хххх

740-13-01
0ххх
Fххх

741-03-01
Eххх хх
Fххх хх

741-13-01
0ххх
Fххх

720-02-01
хххх Bххх хххх
хххх Fххх хххх

it works, tested. package lim, Parking assistance and retention band is not. if the function is enabled, when you enable reverse mirror start to move, then they need to put in the correct position.

The below is what I used on my 2016 Sport
DDM
740-03-01 FCCx xx
740-13-01 FCxx

PDM
741-03-01 FCCx xx
741-13-01 FCxx

613GT500

At locations 740-13-01& 741-13-01 you have an "C" I have an "O" at that location, will change to a "C" and see what happens.
Both 740-03-01 & 741-03-01 are the same.

Fully disconnect from the car then reconnect and read the module data again.

Sometimes it doesn't take the write and you need to double check that it did successfully. Sometimes after doing ignition cycles after a programming session you don't have the car fully on and when you write it looks like it worked but in reality it didn't.

sheltonfilms

The 2 pictures I posted are after disconnecting and reconnecting twice. As far as I can see I have "F" in the correct locations.

Exp 2016 lim

740-03-01
Fххх хххх

740-13-01
Fххх

741-03-01
Fххх хх

741-13-01
Fххх

720-02-01
хххх Bххх хххх
хххх Fххх хххх

it works, tested. package lim, Parking assistance and retention band is not. if the function is enabled, when you enable reverse mirror start to move, then they need to put in the correct position.

Andron78

Thats what I have.

Thanks Brian

Brian

And you are following this to the T? even pressing the memory button?

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

And you are following this to the T? even pressing the memory button?

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

Shelton

I reprogrammed again today, and added "FC" from "F0" at 740-13-01 & 741-13-01 now line 4 works.
As far as i'm concerned I have followed to calibration instruction to the "T"
Still not working unless the mirror button is pressed (light on) on put into reverse, in reverse if I turn the mirror off
it goes back to normal (sometimes)

I Have listed what happens at each stage.

1) Switch the ignition on - (dash lights up)
2) Press the memory button - (beep memory saved left hand dashboard window)
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust - (mirror button lights up)
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops - (mirror tilts down)
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls - (controls adjusted)
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting - (pressed for 5 seconds NO beep)
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P) - (mirror light goes out, mirror retuned to normal while still in park) (return to park)
8) Hold memory button again - (beep memory saved left hand dashboard window)

Any ideas Brian

Hoping someone with more Forscan knowledge than I can give me some input. I am trying to add the remote open windows to my wifes 17 XLT. I changed the code for the IPC, changed the code in the BCM BUT when I scan the modules it never shows the DDM or PDM I am using a Bluetooth OBDLink and I used a Wifi OBDlink and neither pull the DDM or PDM. Do I need a different OBD2 connector? With both OBDLink connectors I can pull the DDM and PDM in my 16 Fusion so I'm at a loss.

Hoping someone with more Forscan knowledge than I can give me some input. I am trying to add the remote open windows to my wifes 17 XLT. I changed the code for the IPC, changed the code in the BCM BUT when I scan the modules it never shows the DDM or PDM I am using a Bluetooth OBDLink and I used a Wifi OBDlink and neither pull the DDM or PDM. Do I need a different OBD2 connector? With both OBDLink connectors I can pull the DDM and PDM in my 16 Fusion so I'm at a loss.

List all the modules that you find. It may not be switching to MS-CAN lines.

PCM
OBDII
APIM
PAM
BdyCM
BECMB
FCIMB
RHVAC
RGTM
OCS
ABS
RTM
RCM
HVAC
PSCM
ACM
SCCM
IPC
GWM

That's what it pulls.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PCM
OBDII
APIM
PAM
BdyCM
BECMB
FCIMB
RHVAC
RGTM
OCS
ABS
RTM
RCM
HVAC
PSCM
ACM
SCCM
IPC
GWM

That's what it pulls.

Hmmm some of those modules should be on the MS-CAN lines (based on my 2013). Did you get this list from the Modules tab of the first section? (car with exclamation point).

View that area and see if it list the modules by CAN lines (HS and MS). Are modules listed under a MS-CAN section?

allmodules.png

Back