Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
any body ever use them?
234.551.300x200.MON-7105,_Mini_Monster_Set.jpg

I just ordered a set for 25 bucks
seems like a good set up.

I'll let you guys know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Colin I think you are thinking of the Staun ones, which are about $60 bucks. I know I just bought a set. I just need to test them out now:(

Edit: You have too drill a hole for those ^ :eek:

:thumbdwn:Lame!

...i'm curious why they have male threads instead of female threads???:scratch:

...i'm curious why they have male threads instead of female threads???:scratch:

They don't attach to the valve stem; You need to drill a new hole for them.
DSCF5895.jpg

...i have the easy screw on ones that you have to keep an eye on...i was going to get the auto deflators but next trip to 4wheelparts i will...drilling another hole in my wheels sounds like a pain when you can get screw ons and another stem to protect, uh...:eek:...just my opinion...

...i have the easy screw on ones that you have to keep an eye on...i was going to get the auto deflators but next trip to 4wheelparts i will...drilling another hole in my wheels sounds like a pain when you can get screw ons and another stem to protect, uh...:eek:...just my opinion...

Agree. Do they have any that replaces the valve stem? that'd be pretty sweet.

Right on :thumbsup: I don't need another valve stem to worry about either..

no they don't replace the valve stem
from my understanding they are just for rapidly airing down.
you unscrew it and they claim it will drop faster than 1 psi per second for 35" tires or smaller. so dropping from my usually 28 psi to 15 will take like 13 seconds a tire and require no tools
I'm going to use my normal valve stem to gauge the pressure in the tire with a clip on chuck and gauge.

here is the site
http://www.powertank.com/products/sfID1/15/productID/234

As far as drilling and tapping my rims.
I'm not worried about it. my rims are cheap steel simulock
they have an extra lip/ring on my rims that protects the valve stem.
and I'm going to place the new valve a little further inward and adjacent to my valve stem so it doesn't effect balancing

my rims look like these
series152.jpg

I have some twist-ons (like tbars mentioned) and it doesn't take very long to air down, especially with all 4 on at the same time.

$25 seems like a good deal, but a lot of work initially to use them. You decide to get them yet?

yeah they are ordered.
I figured what the hell they're cheap and I need a little project like that to keep me busy, and not spending money on things I don't need.

Back