98-01 MACH 6 disk...Head Unit Help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98-01 MACH 6 disk...Head Unit Help

Ok Don,

I got this all worked out now :) Thank you VERY much!
Here is what I need, now I need help getting one!
right.jpg

FORD AM/FM/CASS/CD WITH RDS : T100 PLUG FACTORY REFURBISHED, MACH SYSTEM

PIONEER MADE FOR FORD AM/FM/CASS/CD WITH RDS AND CHANGER CONTROL FACTORY REFURBISHED TO LIKE NEW
THESE RADIO HAVE THE NEW MODIFIED POWER SUPPLY BOARD, AND SHOULD NOT EVER HAVE A DISPLAY PROBLEM
THAT WAS COMMON TO THESE RADIOS, THIS IS THE MACH SYSTEM USE WITH THE FACTORY REAR SUB WOOFER (AUDIOPHILE)3 PLUGS IN THE BACK OF THE RADIO
USED IN 1998-2000 EXPLORERS, F150

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey to trouble shoot id simply pull the factory head unit most likly if was swapped you should have no sound because the harness should match but simply pull youre head unit out call the dealership an ask an if they need to see take it to them but if it hasnt work man it gunna be time to chase wires

So I think I found the right one but the model number is not what you guys said it would be, but its a 1998 MACH system...And it has the extra plug in...

This is the model number:
F87F-18C868-DD

Click Here For the Ebay Link!

Thank you all SO much!
It is the only one I can find on Ebay...I will be looking at a junk yard in the morning...

So I think I found the right one but the model number is not what you guys said it would be, but its a 1998 MACH system...And it has the extra plug in...

This is the model number:
F87F-18C868-DD

Click Here For the Ebay Link!

Thank you all SO much!
It is the only one I can find on Ebay...I will be looking at a junk yard in the morning...

Anyone?

Email the seller and ask for a picture of the bottom label on the head unit. Mach units will say Mach 4 door or Mach 2 Door on the label. There are some premium non mach head units that have the connector and pins for subwoofer on the back, but they are not mach units. No label - no purchase.

Good luck
Scucci:confused:

Email the seller and ask for a picture of the bottom label on the head unit. Mach units will say Mach 4 door or Mach 2 Door on the label. There are some premium non mach head units that have the connector and pins for subwoofer on the back, but they are not mach units. No label - no purchase.

Good luck
Scucci:confused:

Heres what I asked him:

"""Hey,
Can you take a picture of the bottom label on the head unit. Mach units will say Mach 4 door or Mach 2 Door on the label...Sorry to be so difficult...A premium non Mach head units that have the connector and pins for sub woofer and AMP on the back but do not work for what I need..."""

Here are some pictures he already had...
1998FordExplorerMachCDTape.jpg

1998FordExplorerMachCDTape2.jpg

Well those do not help you. You can go by a label which may say "MACH", but the part number is better.

I don't know the magic Mach #'s, but they have been posted in various places. Try to search for those part numbers. I can suggest that the gentleman who built my Mach knows them very well. He only works on the Mach and Premium Pioneer HU's. His name is Dave Miller and he has sold the HU's and repairs on eBay.

Here Danny, this is a listing for an eBay auction of Mr. Miller's which just ended. Read the listing for a the very good information about the two Pioneer HU's. I was hoping that it listed the part numbers to look for. You can do better if you wait till one turns up for a good price, and then have the display repair done. Regards,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ryZ38640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ask that eBay seller if the radio he has lists "Vehicle Equalization:..." on the bottom of it.

i just pulled out my factory HU out of my 2000 XLT. My truck has factory sub, no CD changer, and rear seat stereo controls. Here are some pics

PICT0248.jpg

PICT0273.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

This unit has the bad illum. board and doesn't always play CDs though. If you want it PM me let me know.

Brenden

Thank you every one for helping me out, I will keep you all posted on what happens...

How much would you charge for you head unit? spabula?

I sell it to you for the low low cost of free.

A-Town is that as in Allentown??

Anchorage?!?!?! lol... I live in Allentown, and figure what the hell are the odds this guy lives in the same town and I could just drop it off!! Well, just pm me your address and I'll send it on over.

Brenden

ahhh..... the " Alaskan Explorer" thing should have probably tipped me off!!

ahhh..... the " Alaskan Explorer" thing should have probably tipped me off!!

Dude, Thank you SO much...HaHa ;)

Moving on, now what the one he is sending me it has a few miner problems. Where would I look at getting it Fixed? The Display and the CD Player in the head unit?

There are lots of businesses who do the display repair, I hadn't looked for them on eBay in a long time though.

My Mach radio had lost the CD function also, that's when I decided to get it fixed. I'd call the gentleman I used and ask him, he knows them well. I posted an eBay link of his yesterday, the phone number is in there. You might have spabula send it there, he's not far from PA. Regards,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back