Carlovers Desert Beater Build | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Well im starting to source parts and gather up some good stuff. I figured id start a thread just to show everyone that the ideas are. Should be a pretty fun setup when done. Everything will be being built by Brandon at BTF Fab.

The rear will be a 4 link with a panhard bar and cantilever coilovers. Shooting for around 20" of rear travel. Full size van 9", and should be around 3.5" wider per side than stock

Front will be a BTF front setup more than likely with a fully fabbed spindle with d44 hubs and uniball upper and lowers. Should pull around 16-17" of travel. Will be around 5" wider a side than stock.

It will be a fairly slow build due to finances. It will be built in stages obviously and should take around 12-16 months to be fully complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Is the cage being built this weekend too?

torn down, that wasno fun at all lol.\

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,036

Niiice! So you wont be in barstow testing tomorrow, i take it. I was thinking maybe after the swap meet i'd go, but nevermind.

you tease! Come on its been light out here in CO for like 3 hours already and no updated pics???
LOL

Hmm maybe we should post a poll and see how long it is before Carlover gets his first "too wide" ticket or something along those lines :p:

lol, naaa the only thing they could get me for is a mud flap type ticket. but the fenders cover most of the tire. only 2" stick out, which is about how much stuck out with just the spindle lift.

Dude, your camera is worse than mine.

1st pic, I see a Carls Jr. cup, a red jack what looks like a shock wrapped up in paper and a yellow jackstand.

and those fenders must be painted camoflauge cause they blend right into the grass.

Son of a...! Tell brandon to hurry up!

It's done. Drove it home last night. I must say i will never go back to torsion bars. The coilovers give it a super plush ride on the street, even with the shocks not valved 100% or the "optimum" spring rate. No pics yet, i picked it up pretty late and it was already dark. I will be washing it up and painting some things and some good pics will be coming very soon.

Pics or GTFO -- kidding ;)

Seriously though, I'm just anxious and cant wait for some hi-fliyin pics!

Back