Carlovers Desert Beater Build | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Well im starting to source parts and gather up some good stuff. I figured id start a thread just to show everyone that the ideas are. Should be a pretty fun setup when done. Everything will be being built by Brandon at BTF Fab.

The rear will be a 4 link with a panhard bar and cantilever coilovers. Shooting for around 20" of rear travel. Full size van 9", and should be around 3.5" wider per side than stock

Front will be a BTF front setup more than likely with a fully fabbed spindle with d44 hubs and uniball upper and lowers. Should pull around 16-17" of travel. Will be around 5" wider a side than stock.

It will be a fairly slow build due to finances. It will be built in stages obviously and should take around 12-16 months to be fully complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah that made her wide.

Looks good. Will be waiting on the performance review soon.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Looks awesome! That glass looks to be the perfect width too. How'd it handle and where did you go?

just up in the local mntns. nothing too serious just fire roads and minor whoops. it handled pretty well. it needs a revalve before i take it to barstow next weekend. im very happy so far.

Boy that's a far cry from the little Truckhaven Fiasco :D :thumbsup:

just up in the local mntns. nothing too serious just fire roads and minor whoops. it handled pretty well. it needs a revalve before i take it to barstow next weekend. im very happy so far.

I presume you're going saturday? Cuz i'm going to brandon's sunday for limit strap install. Anyway, can't wait to get a ride someday.

Boy that's a far cry from the little Truckhaven Fiasco :D :thumbsup:

yeah hopefully o never have to go through that again lol

I presume you're going saturday? Cuz i'm going to brandon's sunday for limit strap install. Anyway, can't wait to get a ride someday.

we might be going saturday, im staying till sunday most likely if we go but i dont think he is.

little action shot, was the only thing we could find where we went..

expoaction1.jpg

landing

expoaction2.jpg

expoaction3.jpg

Oh thats bad ass there Sean! Badd ass!

nice! really loving the look of the truck. the fenders, the width, the bumper, the highth. awesome :thumbsup:

DROOL man oh man is that nice!!

When did you do projectors? I missed that!

I want my 4x4 to look and perform like that dammit! Nice!

I know you are checking your new parts over after each abusive trip right?

Projectors have been on for a year or so. Bought them off a member here awhile back. I love the look of it and have gotten alot of compliments and question so far.

Havent put any really hard miles on it yet, but before i go to barstow this weekend i will put some time into going over everything and making sure it's all good.

PLEASE get i nice camera. your killing me!

i preffer to think of it more as bustin chops. sounds less mean :D

lol no money for a camera. The dirt shots were pulled off a video so they are kinda blurry lol. I have a few friends who are pro photogs once i get it cleaned up a bit they are gonna do a photo session for free both in and out of the dirt.

Sean, are you going to barstow this saturday? i'm hoping my car will be running by the weekend and i was thinking of taking it out to Johnson valley and finding the dunes there. but if your goin to barstow, maybe i'll jump on that train and go there. who all is going?

im hoping we are going. I have a cracked radiator that just got really bad today. Hopefully some aluma seal and itll be good to go. I need to revalve my shocks early saturday if im going to go out there.

if my brakes and shocks are working, im gonna go. you better go too

Back