July 10-12 Camp n' Crawl in Big Bear | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

July 10-12 Camp n' Crawl in Big Bear

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I call 2nd weekend. Can't make it 3rd weekend. Wife's High School Reunion

I'm good with that.

Also, if you don't wanna camp just come up for the day either Sat. or Sun. and run with us;)

For those who are camping there's a couple options. There's designated campgrounds with pit toilets and some have running water and a fire ring, which as of now you can have a small campfire.
There is a fee for these spots, I think in the neighborhood of $17 a night depending on the area.

Then there are the "yellow post" sites, they are free but you have none of the above ammenities and NO campfires allowed. We would also have more privacy with this site.

We should get a date nailed down then we can decide on the camp situation and reserve a spot wherever that may be.

EDIT: Attendee and interested list moved to first post

I'm down for either camp sites but a fire would be nice after the sun goes down - so here's a vote for the $17/night option.

I can not wait! Look at this!!!
082.jpg

Now that i have a running ride again let get a date set so i get the time off from my new job:D

i am good with the 2nd weekend in july also.

IZ, while not the actual begining of the John Bull everyone considers that "gatekeeper" the start of the trail and of things to come:D
But really, i'd say 33's, a locker, some sliders and most people won't have much trouble with that or any other trail up there. 35's or bigger with lockers is overbuilt but still fun.

I'll update the list and move it to the first post, when a date and camping location is determined it'll be in the first post as well;)

Camping without a fire is not camping! I vote for the fire, water, and toilet option!
(I may be broke, but I'd gladly scrape up the bucks for those) :D

I hope to make this, I haven't wheeled in ages!

We'd love to have ya out there...put you on the interested list;)

Since it seems like the 2nd week is a go, is it safe to say July 10-12 are THEE dates?

IZ is in a hurry to buy a plane ticket! LOL!!!:p:

Since it seems like the 2nd week is a go, is it safe to say July 10-12 are THEE dates?

Works for me, i'll put it up on the first post:cool:

Could one of the mods kindly add the date to the thread title?;)

I'd add the zukman to the list;)

Just got off the phone with him, and they have a trans on order and will be stopping in AZ on the way back to pick it up:thumbsup:

So his rig should be up and running by the end of the month:D

Sounds good. I've never done this before so whats the protocol? Do we each reserve a spot? And would this run the risk of having people camping further away from others?

We don't have to reserve a spot, you can just show up and get one but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry. Plus we have a better chance of our group staying together if we reserve in advance.
I say let's give it another week or so and get a final tally on the attendees then go from there.

Zukman is on the IN list and added Tdavis to the MIA list:D

Do they allow campfires at that place Dave?:(

Do they allow campfires at that place Dave?:(

I know it doesn't say...I'll call around tomorrow and find out. I'll ask about other campgrounds too just in case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many campgrounds have a group site, maybe we can get one?

Back