my 94 explorer project(pics) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 94 explorer project(pics)

there is a better way to change color of gauges i get red or blue bulbs from advance they are like $1 a piece and look good i installed on bronco and ranger and they look great and easy to switch back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The paint job looks great! How did you do it?
. I used rustoleum flat black and Mineral spirits ratio 60/40 and I used a wagner eletric spray gun like 40 buck at walmart

. I used rustoleum flat black and Mineral spirits ratio 60/40 and I used a wagner eletric spray gun like 40 buck at walmart

Do you have any prior experience spray-painting stuff? The matte-black (or how you wish to call it) looks killer on the ex...

there is a better way to change color of gauges i get red or blue bulbs from advance they are like $1 a piece and look good i installed on bronco and ranger and they look great and easy to switch back
yea I know I didnt think a red blub would sit right with the green flim on the gauge so I did it this way, I will be changing them out with some indiglo gauges later down the road

Do you have any prior experience spray-painting stuff? The matte-black (or how you wish to call it) looks killer on the ex...
no none at all I watched some youtube videos that's about it, yea I tried it I use the rattle can tho I didnt like it I couldnt seem to find it by the pint to put in a spray gun

update here are the pics I promised i got everything in working order it has a rough idle it needs plugs and wires and I need to change the fuel pump and power steering pump

here are my gauges lit up the turned out real nice. I found out I broke the plastic peice the keeps the gauge from spinning all the way around like the battery gauge and the oil. its cool ill rig one on there
103_0232.jpg

heres my dash
103_0230.jpg

heres my system
103_0234.jpg

103_0235.jpg

103_0236.jpg

I need to re paint the door
103_0241.jpg

Not too shabby
thanks

i have this hose here i don't kno where it goes too it prob the reason im having a rough ride
103_0243.jpg

103_0244.jpg

I was just scanning stuff under the hood and I seen this connector in plug it look like it been unplug for a long time would anyone know where it goes?
103_0245.jpg

103_0246.jpg

its on the driver side and this is where it runs
103_0247.jpg

anyone?

well ive been gone for a while due to work, but I have a couple questions. First when I start my truck it starts up fine and the after a while the rmps will die down and act like it wants to cut off(sometimes it does cut off). Then my truck has a misfire it seems when i drive off.. i just replaced the spark plugs on saturday(didnt change wires) and i do have a glasspack exhust thats being held up with one hanger will be adding more the saturday. does anyone know what can be the cause of this?

clean the maf sensor out WELL and a good tune up. Clean the IAC too that helped mine a lot.

If I remember correctly that plug goes under the master cylinder. Mine has a similar plug and I replaced my master cylinder last year I believe. The plug just sits there and plugs into an empty slid under the master cylinder. Not sure why but if it's anything like mine it really plugs into nothing.

Also, are those Memphis power reference 10 inch subs 1000 watts?

It's looking pretty good so far, happy with how things are turning out for you on this project. Also, as no one else mentioned it. On the first or second page I seen the rear of another explorer in one of the pictures but you do not have it listed as yours. Any information on that? I'm nosy when it comes to explorer's. :D

clean the maf sensor out WELL and a good tune up. Clean the IAC too that helped mine a lot.
thanks im going to do all this tomorrow if im feeling better.

Also, are those Memphis power reference 10 inch subs 1000 watts?

It's looking pretty good so far, happy with how things are turning out for you on this project. Also, as no one else mentioned it. On the first or second page I seen the rear of another explorer in one of the pictures but you do not have it listed as yours. Any information on that? I'm nosy when it comes to explorer's.
thanks for the info about that plug il take a look it tomorrow. they are the pr 12's like 800w each ive down sized since the pic tho, i have a kicker comp 15 and one of thoes prs ill post a pic in the am i needed room for tools and a jack. for that explorer its my granddads 2nd gen i was working out of it when mine was on jackstands

well, I think I need a IAC I cleaned it today I had to wait on a new IAC gasket but idle was still a little rough. The misfire I was having was from my catalytic converter its clogged I looked under the truck the other night and it was glowing red, once I get that fixed ima look for a limited bumper and grille I fell love when fordexplorerguy1 had one on his.

But on a better note I hooked up some fog lights I got from wally world (walmart) today they look pretty and bright
103_0254.jpg

so the little light under the hood wasnt working so I hooked up a white led light strip there I have these strips around so ima put the to use. this is one but I hooked it up to the wires the ran to the stock light thats there and found out tonight that it stays on even with the hood closed so ima hook it up to a switch..... the flash is on in the pics but you get the idea
103_0263.jpg

last thing this ground wire where does bolt too? I realized it wasn't bolted down today I felt around back there the only thing I can think of was one of the top tranny bolt maybe?
103_0258.jpg

yea i thought about it when I was installing the fog lights.. the limited bumpers already has the fog light set up

thats looks good it looks even better black haha and I see your explorer was red before painted....... would you happen to kno where that ground wire that I posted a pic of goes?

if its a ground just bolt it to the body...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think your ground strap goes to the back of the motor near where the trans mounts up

Back