Prerunner/Dual Purpose 94 Build | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prerunner/Dual Purpose 94 Build

Almost done with the mock up. The front is in it's final place width wise, and the rear tire is just sitting there in this picture. The full size stuff is bigger than I expected! Front and rear gears are at a buddies shop getting finished up. Should be back on the road very soon

6DE60D3F-B3A3-44F0-BA89-7077B3BB8405_zpscz9btgwm.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rounding the corner on this thing. Rear end is geared. Front diff is geared. Time for final assembly!
234002C0-C966-4E94-AF61-8E153D260F55_zpsdh7h0wh3.jpg

Does anyone happen to know what size the front u joint is? I need to find a conversion to a 1330.

Looks cool I've never sceen that done before. Let's see the backside.

Nice, different and definitely stronger than a JD arm. On that pass side beam, will the fact that the pivot radius is so drastically different between the inner and outer portion of the beam bind or twist either pivot mounts? Is the caster change the same?

Nice, different and definitely stronger than a JD arm. On that pass side beam, will the fact that the pivot radius is so drastically different between the inner and outer portion of the beam bind or twist either pivot mounts? Is the caster change the same?

It cycled the same with or without it. It's bumped and strapped at only 15" of wheel travel, which may help.

Getting really close with this thing. Beams are 100% done & installed with axles and warn manual hubs. Just need to do a little truss work on the 8.8 and she's ready to roll. My stupid iPhone got parkinsons and cannot take a friggen clear picture, but it's wide, and look good! Garage shots are boring any ways

Great looking ride. You should join us at Truck Haven in the fall. Not too far from San Diego.

Great looking ride. You should join us at Truck Haven in the fall. Not too far from San Diego.

I'd love to!

Watch for the thread in the Off-road Planning forum in October.

Will do, you can count on me and my buddy in our Explorers.

Truck was collecting dust on the 2 year anniversary (April 2nd) but here's my progression. I think the next year will bring more function with a roof rack, sliders, spare tire mount, etc.

AAD76AC5-7AE3-4415-A3EE-5C1117C98624_zpsosrlmngt.jpg

This thing feels like an Explorer again with these 35's. The 37's were just too big. It felt like it was up on stilts, and the steering was struggling. It handles way better now.
D3355F05-1369-4622-B4FF-D64C0A6CBDE7_zpsksyr2pjq.jpg

6EDE9DC0-4251-4028-8BD3-3B0CA637F08A_zps9id4ika6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man!

Back