Back again... 92 explorer sport this time | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back again... 92 explorer sport this time

venom97

Reaction score
City, State
central,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
Not a new member but its been a while. I joined this forum about 10 years ago when I was really wanting to find and build an explorer sport. That didnt end up happening but found a 91 ranger at the time and had some fun with it. Yesterday I pulled the trigger and went and got me my explorer sport I was looking for 10 years ago. Lol. It wont be a fast build and nothing super crazy (I don't think right now) Probably a rear SOA lift and do a lift to match the front. My favorite part about it... 5 spd... Underside is very clean, body needs a little work, got a pretty good deal on it to so that helped! I share a pic of my old truck and few of the new project

plate.jpg

20210129_025526.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-104935_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-105025_Facebook.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not a new member but its been a while. I joined this forum about 10 years ago when I was really wanting to find and build an explorer sport.
According to you profile, it's been almost 17 years to the day! Welcome "back" and good luck with the new rig.

join.png

Welcome back:chug:

Thanks guys and thats crazy! I did not even pay any attention to that!

Replaced a bad fuel pressure regulator that hydro locked the motor and she runs like a champ now. K&N filter and flowmaster muffler was on it when I got it. 4x4 did not work and it ended up being the small bushing inside the shift motor. Fixed that and all is good now. Runs and drives good, 4x4 works as it should and ordered the lift about 30 minutes ago. Starting to come together. Although every time I have messed with this thing something has happened, dented the door pulling it to get it into the garage to do the fuel pressure regulator, drove it to get gas and one of the tires blew out, through on some old 31s I had and test drove it and got it buried in the snow and had to get pulled out. Hopefully she starts liking me soon! Hahaha

Starting to come together

20210309_123229.jpg

20210311_165551.jpg

20210317_155434.jpg

Looks just like my 94. It's sitting in the garage right now because the slave cylinder gave out 🙃

20210220_154354.jpg

Nice Tim! Whats the set up? Mine rolled out of the garage today for the first time since the lift.

View attachment 328769
Looks good man! You did the 4” up front with a SOA out back right?

I’m on a 3” lift. Front is James Duff rear is custom leaf springs. And 31” Duratracs right now. Planning a possible SAS with 35’s though!

Looks good man! You did the 4” up front with a SOA out back right?

I’m on a 3” lift. Front is James Duff rear is custom leaf springs. And 31” Duratracs right now. Planning a possible SAS with 35’s though!
Thanks and yeah. 4 inch rough country with 1 inch spacer and SOA rear. Looks like yours flexes pretty good is why I asked. Hopefully this one will too. We'll see. Would like to see your progress as you do the sas and go to 35s as well!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back