Gilmer, TX 4-24-04 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gilmer, TX 4-24-04

Wow, so Rick had to wheel Gilmer wet? I'll bet that was a new experience for an AZ rockcrawler..... wish he coulda done it dry.

I was going to ask how in the world you snapped an axle when you've removed 60% of your weight, lol. Pulling someone big as Johnstone would do it :D

JPA1982, that's Johnstone in the Sport Trac, and he will wheel it anywhere - his rig is much more capable than it looks, it's a "sleeper" - in addition to big tires he's got it locked and he gits it awn.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, im home and all is good. Id like to thank everyone for making it, and all those who winched/strapped/worked on/welded my junk. You heard right, i had a little mini-roll. :p No big deal, but id like to thank Msupertek for smoking his winch and getting me back upright. ;) I spit out a front driveline Ujoint earlier that day. One of the only advantages i had on this trip was HP. Normally that doesnt mean **** other than having a cool sounding rig but the big Windsor was in full effect as wheelspeed was the only thing that got us out of most of that crap. The weather was hideous and Rick im sorry it was such a nasty trip for ya. Saturday night was a Texas Crew party that from what i was told was typical for us. I dont remember much of it. :D

Enough with the BSing, here's what few pics i took. I know others will follow...

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 356
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 353

More-

Attachments

• 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 339

Here's our fearless leader trying to get 3 bars. :p

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 341

Is Gilmer just a dirt road with a huge rut in the middle? :)

Looks like you guys had some fun while it lasted.

Msupertek, I see a custom made "bikini" top in your near future. :D

Robb said:
Is Gilmer just a dirt road with a huge rut in the middle? :)
No, there are just a crapload of pics of just that one trail. :p Also, since it was pouring down raining most of the rocks(traction) are covered in mud since the stuff washes over the trails. As with anything- pics dont do it justice.

WOW James... All you took pics of was my lay over :)

hey msupertek, gilmer was great and ur rig did awsome. the pics cant even describe how it all looked in real life. i left sat. night wish i could have stayed but my freind had to go home. so did yall wheel any sunday? i cant beleave how slick it was, and how loosing one wheel (3x4) can make such a difference. this was my first real off road trip and it was excellent. ricks rig is awsome to, his suspension flexes like crazy.

Gilmer has over 68 trails at the park. We have over 400 pics to upload. Members are just posting these first as this is the trail where James and I layed are rigs over. There will be alot more when SVO, Rick, and JohnStone get theres uploaded.

looked like you guys had tons of fun. i do believe there are lots of other pics. where is SVO and dejello in action?

Man that looks nasty. I sure hated to miss it. Man thats a bummer that Rick didn't get to do Gilmer when it was dry, but it sure looks like fun. So what kind of damage went down besides the broke axle shaft? Who all actually showed up? I bet the camping in the thunder storms was crazy. I'm sure yall had a blast tho. Now get some more pics up.

SVO said:
I have no way of hosting it.
email it to me- Brandy wants to see it. I can also possibly host it if its small. jamest45acp@cableone.net

Yup, i had a pretty hard flop at Gilmer. 6000rpm with a 320hp windsor will get you into or out of trouble quick. This just happened to be one of those times that it got me INTO trouble. :D No harm done, my head bounced off the side of the cage but it was padded so nothing more than a minor headache.

I merged two threads together. Thanks for the pics so far guys. I would have some pics but I was to busy laying the explorer over :)

AspenX said:
So what kind of damage went down besides the broke axle shaft? Who all actually showed up? I bet the camping in the thunder storms was crazy. I'm sure yall had a blast tho. Now get some more pics up.
I spit out a front driveshaft Ujoint and had to get strapped by Brian back to camp for some repairs. Got a little minor damage from the roll... i think it'll buff right out. :D

Attachments

• 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 317

Don't forget about welding the hitch back on the "sploder.... hehehe

As always, the Pumpin looking the most composed of any rig on the trail. Between Rick's driving and FST's engineering, that truck can shrug off almost anything.

Previously posted by Alec:
"As always, the Pumpin looking the most composed of any rig on the trail. Between Rick's driving and FST's engineering, that truck can shrug off almost anything."

So what exactly are you saying?

That even with all the other kickazz rigs on this site, most of which have been built up after Rick's; his rig is still one of the best for weekend wheeling. Our great leader!

So when is he gonna enter a competition?

Trckmagik said:
There will be alot more when SVO, Rick, and JohnStone get theres uploaded.

Yeah Jello and I were getting fed by SVT Girl then we all went to unloaded the trucks of all the wet, stanky, muddy gear, and spent $10 at the car wash hosing the rig off, I still have to wash and vacuum the tow truck, but for now I see a hot shower and a soft pillow in my furture.

I'll post my pictures and tell my story's tomorrow.

It was great to see everyone and meet everyone that was new, THANX Rick!

This was friday night pic.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 312

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:) GJarrett your wheels worked out nice thank you!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 317

Back