aussie locker, EF sponsor

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
so as of the past few days, i have seen the aussie locker advertised as a banner here on EF... im guessign they are now an EF sponsor? if they are, do we get a discount with them if we say we are buying from explroerforum?

i plan on getting an aussie for my yota

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah they are a new sponsor for the site. Not sure about the discounts though.. You would have to ask Rick, he's currently away in for Moab so its best to wait until he returns.

I am about to buy one also. It would sure be nice to know. :)

ok just noticed rick is back online... so rick, do EF members get discounts on aussie lockers?

discounts are always nice!

-Drew

Hope we get discounts. ;) Heck, even if we don't, the prices are still extremely cheap. If they made it for the 9" I'd think about one. I will probably wind up getting one for the d44 though. :thumbsup:

a discount sure would make my mind up !
anyone on the board have one of these?
i'd like to hear some opinions about them.

n3m3s1s said:
a discount sure would make my mind up !
anyone on the board have one of these?
i'd like to hear some opinions about them.
A couple freinds of mine have them in their Heep XJs and they love them. They have worked flawlessly.

is this one of those auto lockers that goes in your stock carrier?

fiy i sent Mr. Cole aka "bill" an email and sent him the link to this post. Maybe he can answer it for you guys. I am still waitin for the front dana 35 abs to come in stock so i can grab it.

Colin, how long was the Aussie locker in there? Front or rear?

Mark put it in the front when he did the SAS and it wasn't working not long after that. It was giving him touble before I even bought it.

This shouldn't detour (sp?) anyone from buying it. This unit could have been a bad one out of who knows how many. I think all lunch box lockers have their flaws though. If it slips a few times it's pretty much done. They wear out the teeth that "grab" or lock and then you're S.O.L. I would rather have my old set up with a L/S in the front than a locker like this. That is why I'm going to go with the Elec-Trac. It's a L/S when not locked then when you need it locked you just flip a switch. Also the Elec-Trac doesn't have all that ARB air BS. Jefe has this in his and he said in another post somewhere that he loves it.

Cool...I can't remember if it's in this thread or Rino351's, but there is supposedly a 2 year warranty for the Aussie lockers. I don't know what is covered under the warranty, but you could check it out if you want. Mark's SAS was about a year ago more or less, right?

Ya, I'm going to see if I can get it warranteed before my next trip then go get the Elec-Trac.

Mark did the swap Jan of this year. It was giving him trouble at Truck Haven too so less than a month I guess... :(

I think it might be that the spring in the locker is too weak so it's not really getting locked.

FROADER said:
Ya, I'm going to see if I can get it warranteed before my next trip then go get the Elec-Trac.

Mark did the swap Jan of this year. It was giving him trouble at Truck Haven too so less than a month I guess... :(

I think it might be that the spring in the locker is too weak so it's not really getting locked.

i bet you could get away with just a truetrac. i have yet to see one wheel spin with mine. and i bought it used

If anything i will get a Detroit Trac-Loc again if I don't get the Elec-Trac. I never had any problems in my old Ex, and I did all kinds of trails with the L/S up front and locker in the rear.

It's annoying that with the lunchbox type locker it's either locked or open. Open diffs REALLY suck. Personally with my experience, I would never get anything but a true locker for the rear and minimum L/S for the front if not a L/S/locker.

Hell, RangerX does better than most with an L/S in both front and rear.

FROADER said:
If anything i will get a Detroit Trac-Loc again if I don't get the Elec-Trac. I never had any problems in my old Ex, and I did all kinds of trails with the L/S up front and locker in the rear.

shoot i use a clutch type LS (Stock dana trac-lok) up front and the torsen (truetrac) in the rear. does wonders for me. but im on the east coast man, aint nothin out here but mud and garbage to wheel on haha.

when ever i need a full locker i just 'powerbrake' the trutrac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aussie Locker

We were unaware of any problems with the locker owned by Froader. The Aussie Locker has a 2 year warranty and so far we have had one warranty failure of material or workmanship out of over 2,000 lockers in the USA. Most issues our tech consultants run across fall into axle gear to shaft and innercam spacing issues on install. We certainly cannot solve problems unless we know about them and we even answer technical questions on Saturdays and Sundays. We would encourage any Aussie Locker owner that is having any issues with our product to contact us at any time. And if we do have a warrany issue we do not ask how big your tires are, or what horsepower your motor is. The Aussie Locker has a well deserved reputation for reliability and smoothness of operation according to our customers, and if there is an exception to that experience then we need to know about it so we can respond. Contact us at customerservice@offroadlockers.com or direct to the owner at bill@offroadlockers.com

Back