Side Project for Green Explorer interior upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side Project for Green Explorer interior upgrade

Well I did it I went to Houston Today Got a complete minus Console and dash interior for a 2001 Explorer XLT. So I am going to be installing Cloth Power 2001 Seats in my XLT.

Stock Front
Dead Link Removed

40% of back seat installed
Dead Link Removed

New Front
Dead Link Removed

60% back seat waiting
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks Good

Kris -

Are those a direct bolt-in replacements - - or do you have to fab new brackets ??

Looks good.

Paul
'91 Sport

Looks good Kris. I am leaving here in about 30 minutes (9:10 am) headed your way. Time for the 6 hour drive to your side of the world.

Paul..... Yes the seats are a direct replacement. They will bolt directly in to your 91. This is a great upgrade to replace the old worn out 91's where you can feel the springs under your arse. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Brian -

Thanks.

"Do these seats make my arse look big?"

"No. It's your arse that makes your arse look big. . . ":rolleyes:

Paul
'91 Sport :p

Actually they will not bolt into a 91. For some reason the 91 Explorers had totally different seat tracks. 92 is when they changed the Seat wounts.

but they will fit into anything later than 92? like my 94?

yes jim any thing in a 92+ Explorer they will fit.

Thanks

Kris -

Thanks for the info. Not like I was gonna run out to the boneyard and swap in a set this weekend, but its good info to keep in mind for future upgrades.

Best of luck with the project.

Paul
'91 Sport

Sweet! I probably will do something like that at some point just to stay comfy in the ole Explorer. I wonder though do you think it's possible to stick the 60/40 rear seat in the Sport model? I have two of them myself but I have never bothered to measure. That would be another sweet upgrade if you ask me.

Sunza Beaches!
I own a 91, well it was built in mid 1990.:banghead:

How much were the front replacements?
They look brand new--where did you get them?

looks good!

Thanks!

joe

Back