• Register Today It's free!

Adam Bradshaw

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Upper Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1955 f100
I’ve swapped this now I’m putting it back together I have blinkers on the passenger side they are fast
On the driver side they don’t work at all it makes a weird electronic sound near steering wheel if the truck is running and turn on blinker it stalls only on this side
Other wise truck runs good
Any ideas
Thanks

810AC0C2-37E6-4B76-AC8A-74159B4B080A.jpeg

2B3627BA-D46F-453E-A934-A774D6897DDD.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking good. These are popular swaps here!

Check for bad bulbs and bad grounds beyond that you will have to trace the circuits to see what may have went wrong.

I relocated the battery so

I’ve grounded the battery directly down to the frame and it doesn’t stall anymore and blinkers work they are fast but the weird noise is gone and clock doesn’t flash or Speedo doesn’t jump up and down

I think I’m going to directly ground the new body to the motor also I believe I’ve hooked up all original grounds but I’m thinking it’s heading in the right direction

BC91D5D3-3422-421D-A688-ACDA10959B42.jpeg

98EFD40A-8E4F-4F42-8747-228134994B9C.jpeg

Well passenger side everything works blinkers are right speed just the front lower passenger running light blinker is still dimmer than driver side
Drivers side everything works full brightness except the blinker is fast maybe once I finish rear blinkers the driver side will slow down

B934D2D0-46C5-4CE2-A559-DC856E0A29BF.jpeg

/\ Sweet....I like that low front end / stance....

Looking bloody fantastic! Can't wait for you to have it finished! You may be able to wire in some resisters for the blinkers, at least the driver side since you said the passenger side is fine. "Should" slow it down, keyword being should. But good luck man, coming along great!

Flasher speed is almost always dictated by load using a conventional flasher. Swap in a solid state style relay that works on a timer, and not the amperage of the bulbs to set the flash rate.

I personally prefer this with it's modern amenities over an all original F100 restore, and peace of mind better reliability and still inexpensive access to parts for a while. I know that's purist heresy but oh well. And of course you'll feel the AC / heat that much better/quicker too in that small cab.
Have you hooked up the airbag sensor on this yet?

Back