2000 5.0L Turbo AWD Xploder

willzilla

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT AWD
I am new to the forum as of a cpl months ago... Never posted in this thread though! I bought Justin's 2000 5.0L AWD Xploder (with a few issues)... I am currently in the process of fixing it up and such. I bought the truck in June of 2009.

My name is Will and I am 28 years old and work in Memphis TN as a Linux Systems Administrator. I was in the US Navy for 6 years (got out in 2006), have worked military IT contracts since I got out, went to Iraq for a year as a contractor in 2008-2009 working in IT and electronics, and now am contracted to FedEx. I also am a full time grad student (masters in information security)... So... Busy busy!!

I started a thread on the turbo Xploder here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287090

Thanks! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank your for your service Will! :salute:

Thanks!

I am changing out the front hubs, front and rear differential fluid, transfer case fluid, plugs, wires, oil, oil filter (of course), and troubleshooting my vac/boost leak "hopefully" tomorrow and/or this weekend! :D

Also, on a side note:

I also own a 2003 SVTfocus 2 door, heavily modified (see linked thread above for details if interested), and the wife owns a 2004 Freestar.

Haha yeah, didn't realize there was a "new member" thread as well! :D

As for my mechanical skills... I am a computer geek/gym geek and... Mechanically "intelligent", but, untrained and learning :D I didn't get the opportunity to grow up working on cars or anything as my dad is a math/science nerd and can't change a light bulb... So I learn as I go!

Back