2006 Explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer

Rick said:
Manual trannies are for those who want to be in complete control of their vehicles functions. To many I guess it takes a hand away from their coffee mug and cell phone. Priorities ;)

or takes a hand away from my wifes legs..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that measure of true versitility is to build a vehicle that can take you off road and still give you a nice urban ride.

I hate the neck flick the 2nd gen. X gives when going around a rough corner. People in the back always scream for mercy.

greenbeer said:
What about the power running boards?

One of the Pre-production Mounty's has the power running boards. I guess that means it is a go.

20024968-E.jpg

YUCK, Too much plastic,, How about returning to the hay day of explorers, mid 90's w/ chrome bumpers,, if a rock hits the front you have to touch up w/ a dainty little brush and that can kind of be unnerving while your filling in the mark. Oh well, guess i'm living in the past on that one,, but still Hate the plastic on the front and sides. That's my number one complaint on the sport I have, makes it look just cheap.

nnorton44 said:

Is it just me, or does the front fascia resemble the GMC Envoy?

I am not impressed. I wish they would go back to the truck look instead of trying to make it look like a cross between an Expedition and a minivan.

I read that Explorer sales are down 25% because of gas price worries.

Someday my 1st gen Ex will be a classic, like the early Broncos!

Bob

dtl 2k2 sport said:
who here currently owns a 3rd gen modle?, I was just wanting to know of real world impressions of fit and finish as well as driving. I have heard that almost driving a mini van feeling??:(

I have a 2005 XLT V6 w/ the Sport apearance package (17' wheels, body molding, etc...) and i love it. Its my first new vehicle, and my first truck. had a 95 maxima prior to this. My fathers always had trucks (blazer, f250, f150 etc) and ive driven other peoples suvs (durango exp sport)
It does have a nice ride due to the independans suspention. ive done a couple of 3-4 hour trips in it since ive gotten itand i have no qualms about the driving and handleing. Its a smoth ride, but not as cushy as a car or minivan.
The 8 would always be nice to have, but the 6 has plenty of pull for the truck.

fit an finish is pretty good. theres a few things i can point out, like cheesey floor mats and such, but i replaced them with some weathertech floor liners anyway. the interior trim is nice, and everything seems to fit together well.

Im gonna defend the trucks off road abilities aswell. granted i dont do as much stuf as alot of you guys do with it, but i hade it down in the pine barrens on a few of the lesser traveled trails and it did great. wouldnt exactly go rock crawlin in it, but you can still have some fun in it, even stock.

/end i love my X rant

~Jay

I hate the way that looks. I'll never own another Explorer again as long as they look like GM made them.

I think I'm gonna barf! :fart:

I hate the grill!

sureal, thanks for the info,, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished project. Not real big on that wanna be chrome front grill work and then all painted bumper ect. But I'm not going to pass judgment until i see it up front and personal. Actually i think it still just about looks the same as before w/ the front end redone, along w/ the back hatch area,, is that about all they did? Or did they move the fenders out as well,? You all have an excellent eagle eye for these things, maybe i'm just not that observant,, oh and i looked at a nissian marrano today. For 31-35k, it could be sitting in my drive, hmmmm,, makes me think alittle bit.

03ExplorerSPT said:
I hate the way that looks. I'll never own another Explorer again as long as they look like GM made them.
112_fvf2007_f_sport_z.jpg

I'm sorry..... what were you saying, again? Say hello to the 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Chrome not your bag? Ford's Special Vehicles Team has you covered with the EST Adrenaline, slotted for release in spring of 2007.
0504_ford_sporttrac_1.jpg

0504_ford_sporttrac_3.jpg

Too many pics to post. Just follow the link...

The Link

Me likes :D
~stu

XLoudFN97X said:

I'm sorry..... what were you saying, again? Say hello to the 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Chrome not your bag? Ford's Special Vehicles Team has you covered with the EST Adrenaline, slotted for release in spring of 2007.
0504_ford_sporttrac_1.jpg

0504_ford_sporttrac_3.jpg

Too many pics to post. Just follow the link...

The Link

Me likes :D
~stu

way too tiny looks like a low rider..

Now I understand the nose :rolleyes: It just looks better on the ST.

20024968-E.jpg

I'm hot just thinking about those new STs. Especially the SVT one.

davidmmm69 said:
way too tiny looks like a low rider..
tiny??? The '07 ST is two inches wider and five inches longer than the current wheelbase AND has a 30% larger bed. Both of the above ST models are special editions which include a lowered ride height and 21" wheels. I'm sure the base model will sit much higher, but don't expect it to come with shaved handles and tailgate, and a 390hp powerhouse with functional side vents. Those are extra :D :cool: :D
~stu

That's too bad, woulda bee sweet if they all came like that. At the normal price too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

XLoudFN97X said:
with functional side vents. Those are extra :D :cool: :D
~stu
sorry, but they are fake, but the hood vents are real. :thumbsup:
i'd like to buy an '06 with the newer mustang v8. sounds like fun to me.

Back