2012MY Orders | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012MY Orders

Border_Explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT 4WD
As we enter what I believe is the final week of 2011MY production(should end July 14) and since I am very interested in 2012MY production(2012MY on order), are there any known delays for 2012 production to start? Information I have seen in other threads indicates that 2012 production should start on or around July 18. Wondering if that date is still accurate. I have high hopes of my Explorer getting built in the first or second week of 2012 production. Cory, any status on 2012 production start?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2012 Explorer

Border,

When was your order accepted from Ford? My order was accepted on 6/24/11. I still do not have a VIN yet.

Border,

When was your order accepted from Ford? My order was accepted on 6/24/11. I still do not have a VIN yet.

I placed an order for a 2012 on 6/8 and I got the VIN on 6/24. Hoping 2012 production starts in the next couple of weeks.

I just ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited this afternoon and the dealer was pretty confident it would be delivered in 6-8 weeks. We shall see...

Dealer speak

Don't they all say that canned response? Good luck with that. I am estimating 10-12 weeks and I have heard people waiting up to 15 weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me if you were correct. I'm not holding my breath that I will get it before mid Sept.

I ordered a 2011 from my dealer on 6/7. Found out three weeks later that it would instead be a 2012 and I'm still waiting on a VIN.

As we enter what I believe is the final week of 2011MY production(should end July 14) and since I am very interested in 2012MY production(2012MY on order), are there any known delays for 2012 production to start? Information I have seen in other threads indicates that 2012 production should start on or around July 18. Wondering if that date is still accurate. I have high hopes of my Explorer getting built in the first or second week of 2012 production. Cory, any status on 2012 production start?
I don’t have any official updates yet as per the 2012MY production start and I’ll be happy to continue researching order as requests as sent to me via PM!

Border,

If you’d like me to keep an eye on your order and let you know when I find that a VIN has been assigned, please feel free to private message me! Be sure to include your order number & dealer name / dealer code.

I just ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited this afternoon and the dealer was pretty confident it would be delivered in 6-8 weeks. We shall see...

When the dealer tells you your order number, feel free to drop me a line as well. I’ll be glad to keep you up to date with your order’s progress!

Cory

Progress

I got a call today from my dealer with my order status. According to the dealer my build date for a 2012MY Explorer will be on or around 7/19 and then stated that the ETA to the dealership would be sometime between 8/1 and 8/10. I am glad for the news but will keep my excitement in check until I know its close. Hoping there are no delays or shipment problems. The build date is a good indication that 2012MY builds will start the week of 7/18.

I don’t have any official updates yet as per the 2012MY production start and I’ll be happy to continue researching order as requests as sent to me via PM!

If you’d like me to keep an eye on your order and let you know when I find that a VIN has been assigned, please feel free to private message me! Be sure to include your order number & dealer name / dealer code.

When the dealer tells you your order number, feel free to drop me a line as well. I’ll be glad to keep you up to date with your order’s progress!

Cory

I was told by my military car sales rep that my 12 wouldn't be ready for delivery until the 15th of Dec! That's over a year since I ordered the thing. I'm considering canceling my order and going straight through a dealer.

I was told by my military car sales rep that my 12 wouldn't be ready for delivery until the 15th of Dec! That's over a year since I ordered the thing. I'm considering canceling my order and going straight through a dealer.
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been waiting so long already for your order, and I would like to help by researching this for you. Would you mind sending me your VIN (if you have one), order number & dealer name / dealer code, and your contact info? I’ll do everything I can to assist.

Cory

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been waiting so long already for your order, and I would like to help by researching this for you. Would you mind sending me your VIN (if you have one), order number & dealer name / dealer code, and your contact info? I’ll do everything I can to assist.

Cory

Cory,

I really appreciate the offer to help me but I believe this is a failure on the military cars sales side and I don't believe they every (and still haven't) submitted my order to Ford. I'm not sure how they can say I'm not going to get my vehicle until Dec when I'm not even in line yet. I'm giving them one more day to get back to me before I contact a dealer in VA to work a deal.

Cory,

I really appreciate the offer to help me but I believe this is a failure on the military cars sales side and I don't believe they every (and still haven't) submitted my order to Ford. I'm not sure how they can say I'm not going to get my vehicle until Dec when I'm not even in line yet. I'm giving them one more day to get back to me before I contact a dealer in VA to work a deal.
It’s no problem at all. If you change your mind, let me know and I’ll be glad to help!

Cory

2012 order status?

Hi Cory,

I just sent you a PM with Order# and Dealer code. Dealer placed my order on 6/8 and I have been unable to get any other info (like VIN or Build date).

Can you check for me plz...thx!

Hi Cory,

I just sent you a PM with Order# and Dealer code. Dealer placed my order on 6/8 and I have been unable to get any other info (like VIN or Build date).

Can you check for me plz...thx!
I’ll be happy to research your order as soon as I can XRider! I’ve been playing a bit of catch up, so I appreciate your patience! :)

Cory

I’ll be happy to research your order as soon as I can XRider! I’ve been playing a bit of catch up, so I appreciate your patience! :)

Cory

Sure np! And glad to see you're feeling well enough to come back to the forum...thx!

Hi, new guy to the forum here. Ordered my 2012 Explorer today after selling my beloved 05 Aviator a couple of months ago.

I'd spent a while scouring local, and not so local, dealerships for the spec I wanted - Candy Red / Light Stone, Limited + 302A. Couldn't find it anywhere, so I figured the wait is worth it. And it means I get a 2012, too.

I'll keep you all updated as & when I hear more. I'm hoping for delivery in 10 - 12 weeks, but who knows ...???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, new guy to the forum here. Ordered my 2012 Explorer today after selling my beloved 05 Aviator a couple of months ago.

I'd spent a while scouring local, and not so local, dealerships for the spec I wanted - Candy Red / Light Stone, Limited + 302A. Couldn't find it anywhere, so I figured the wait is worth it. And it means I get a 2012, too.

I'll keep you all updated as & when I hear more. I'm hoping for delivery in 10 - 12 weeks, but who knows ...???
Welcome to the boards Jimmy-B! Congratulations on choosing the Explorer! Even though you won’t have a VIN yet, if you’d like to send me a private message with your order number & dealer name / dealer code, I’ll be happy to keep track of your order and research the current status!

Cory

Back