2nd Annual Colorado Trail Run 5/14/05 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Annual Colorado Trail Run 5/14/05

Warrlord

HiRider Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ranger
Mark your calendars now for May 13-14-15, Fri, Sat, & Sun.

Old Chinamans Gulch near Buena Vista, Colorado. Last year was a pretty good turnout & a lot of fun for all. Info is Here

Here's a few pics from last year

c5e68bab.jpg

Duke.jpg

Blood.jpg

Round.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not 100% confirmed, but I'm definatley interested!

You know I'll be there Larry!!
:)

Wow those look like some nice Rangers :)
So is this two Colorado runs this year?
Hell yeah....

Would I be able to go up the trails even if I can't get my lockers fixed by then?

This run is under Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club
ahhjaws, I am not sure. I will have a LS up front, maybe a locker in the rear, you would have to ask Warrlord.
check out RMFTC.com :)

[edit]- didn't see the link to rmftc, sorry!

ahhjaws said:
Would I be able to go up the trails even if I can't get my lockers fixed by then?

Sure, you bet. Below is one of the trucks from last year. '85 Ranger 2.8 5sp. open diffs, no lift, 225-75 tires. He beat the heck out of the underside but it got him through. (after a trailside u/joint replacement)

A couple places, you might have to give her he11 but you got more than enough clearance. A locker or a l/s are helpful but not required for this trail.

I'm glad to see the interest :thumbsup: I have a feeling we're gonna double the attendance over last year. I'll definetly be doing the Holy Cross run too, last year on July 24th I ran Holy Cross.........It'll be a blast!!!

phil.jpg

410Fortune said:
So is this two Colorado runs this year?
Hell yeah....

That's what I'm thinkin'!!! :chug: :bounce:

Sweet, I'll talk to my club members and see if they want to come too. And when I say club, I mean one or two more people and maybe one truck. lol

I will definately be up for this as well... I followed the links to the RMFTC.com and I'm hoping I will be able to drive some as well... (I am the same wheelbase as the supercab Rangers) on 32's with little lift and a factory L/S in the rear; but I need some experience driving some of the trails up here since we moved to CO. I gotta see about getting a gas tank skid and possible sliders.

Lookin' forward to the snow going away and some camping/wheelin'!! :)

becker69 said:
I will definately be up for this as well... I followed the links to the RMFTC.com and I'm hoping I will be able to drive some as well... (I am the same wheelbase as the supercab Rangers) on 32's with little lift and a factory L/S in the rear; but I need some experience driving some of the trails up here since we moved to CO. I gotta see about getting a gas tank skid and possible sliders.

Lookin' forward to the snow going away and some camping/wheelin'!! :)

Alright Becker! :thumbsup: The more, the better. ;)

Awesome. Well I should have a buddy or two up with me as well... if for no other reason's they won't mind stackin' rocks for me when the need arises

Anyone have an idea what the weather is like at night up there in May?? I wondered because I'm looking at some gear and wonder if a 20 degree rated mummy bag will work or not. Thanks

becker69 said:
Awesome. Well I should have a buddy or two up with me as well... if for no other reason's they won't mind stackin' rocks for me when the need arises

Anyone have an idea what the weather is like at night up there in May?? I wondered because I'm looking at some gear and wonder if a 20 degree rated mummy bag will work or not. Thanks

Last year it got down to the mid 30's at night. No biggie :)

Sounds like fun if I'm not working count me in ;)

Thanks Warrlord: the 30's is kind of what I was hoping for (and not too much colder with luck). Thanks for the heads up :)

I am excited it has been entirely too long since I camped out !!!

Only 35 More Days!!! :D
bang.gif

bumpity, bumpity, bump :D

I'm still planning on going... although depending on how hard the trails are I might be trying to boost a ride with someone.... we'll see I'm kinda babying the Ex a bit trying not to brake stuff... cuz I have some big plans I am waiting on :)

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for any of you BIG BIG BIG rigs, Carnage Canyon is right next door.
I'd try it, but I think that trail would literally eat my explorer

BUMP!!

Back