3800 M90 Build | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3800 M90 Build

Ok the cats out the bag!!im going supercharged .its a 3800 gm m90.i need lots of help as im a nos guy.for starters my list of mods is in my signature.the guy im buying it from ran it on a stock tuned motor at 3psi.first question is what is the "safe" limit to run boost at?i know it is not ideal but i have a wide band O2 and will be doing tuning very soon.i also will be trying to have my company make a new lower intake mounting bracket on the cnc machine and have it taped for nos/water meth injectors/spray bars.i will also be getting a p+p unit from 3800 performance and stepping down on the pulley to try and run 8-10psi.what size injectors should i run for that?which fuel pump should i run?any suggestions on tuning?i was going to go mega squirt but i see sct has a new chip out,any suggestions?

DONE

ported and polished gm 3800 gen 2 m90
Water to air intercooled
port matched 76mm inlet and intake tube
mustang 75mm race tb
90mm maf
36lb injectors
255 fuel pump
sct 5bank dyno tuned
2.7" pulley 10lbs of boost!!;)
2012-06-09201057.jpg

2012-06-09201139-1.jpg

2012-06-09201207.jpg

dyno run,these was the last two pulls with the 2.7 and the alternator was bad.turn your volume down!!

and a 3.25 pull and think my rev is still set to 5000 in this one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey guys i am not a vendor so i can only offer free advise on the boards.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Was going to say please pm him if you have any questions as it has nothing to do with this thread

Was going to say please pm him if you have any questions as it has nothing to do with this thread

Really...Nearly 5000 posts and youve never been accused of hijacking a thread.
Let the moderators decide.
All I did was ask one simple question which I guess I better not do on your thread(s).
Trust me..It wont happen again.

Really...Nearly 5000 posts and youve never been accused of hijacking a thread.
Let the moderators decide.
All I did was ask one simple question which I guess I better not do on your thread(s).
Trust me..It wont happen again.

Nope but that wasnt the point,point is he cant be acting like a vendor and a pm would have been the proper way to address him.trying to look out for him,you and me.ps with that last post of his im sure he posted it because a moderater pm him.

Nope but that wasnt the point,point is he cant be acting like a vendor and a pm would have been the proper way to address him.trying to look out for him,you and me.ps with that last post of his im sure he posted it because a moderater pm him.

Maybe you need to take a break.
I PM'd the last poster with a question regarding an answer he gave me on a thread that I posted.
I dont know why he made that statement but like he said, free advice is just that...free advice.
Still didnt answer my question so carry on.

its all cool here, any one every needs help i am cool with doing what i can for free. that turbo cobra i am building at pretty much cost and all my labor is free. i really enjoy doing cool things the money is not why i work on cars. i decided long ago that i would rather do cars as a hobby and help people out then make my money doing it. i do payroll and accounting as a day job with health insurance :) ... if i won the lottery i am the kinda guy that would bend that pipe and send it with a happy birthday card attached. lol

its all cool here, any one every needs help i am cool with doing what i can for free. that turbo cobra i am building at pretty much cost and all my labor is free. i really enjoy doing cool things the money is not why i work on cars. i decided long ago that i would rather do cars as a hobby and help people out then make my money doing it. i do payroll and accounting as a day job with health insurance :) ... if i won the lottery i am the kinda guy that would bend that pipe and send it with a happy birthday card attached. lol
Me two.i do a ton of stuff for free for people on here,why i was first person to get voted for most helpful and free membership ;) just didnt want anyone getting in trouble;) i belive everything comes back around.

No issues here. Without this forum I really doubt I could keep my truck running.
Cant afford to take it into the shop for evey little thing that goes wrong so i come here, to this forum.
If a fellow member can help me out with an issue, how can that possibly violate forum rules?
It's not a cash transaction. It's only help. Why else would this forum exist?
We all have a common interest and we share each others personal opinions and experiences to hopefully benefit others.
Does that make us vendors?:eek:

i cant be offering any services where money might exchange hands but i am cool with that. The rules are rules and they are not be broken but i can help you guys out for free or pointing any one in the right direction. FYI if some one pulls there K-member on there mustang in there driveway and does not have a tubular one to replace it with tell them its going to cost more then a 6 pack. i help for free on that one and it sucked.

ok back on target i forgot all ready what it was :)

FYI if some one pulls there K-member on there mustang in there driveway and does not have a tubular one to replace it with tell them its going to cost more then a 6 pack. i help for free on that one and it sucked.

ok back on target i forgot all ready what it was :)

Great example! I have no idea what you said. You know these vehicles. I learn some of what you and many other forum members tell me. I am no good with advice, unless you fly a bus. This forum, well the forum members, have saved me big bucks over the years and taught me to understand certain things about my truck that would have lost me if I relied only on a book or manual.
All my vehiceles are fixed and maintained through various forums, as besr I can anyway. It's great to have real expertise like yourself on herer to help us out.
But this is not my thread. I need to shut up and just listen.
Thanks for the help anyway. Oh... and I may be cheap but I would have given you a half rack to fix my mustang.:thumbsup:

ok back to the thread topic,got some work done this weekend,not as much as i wanted.finished my trans mount and installed it,i took an old tire and cut out a square of rubber and mounted it with it.figured it may help a little for vibration or if the angles were a little off,it turned out nice.took my old fuel rail, spacer and injectors off and out.put in my new 36lb injectors and my ported and polished fuel rail.also lifted the motor up again and did some mock up out of cardboard for my engine mounts,going down today to cut them.my pipe should be here monday so need to get that mocked up and off to get cut and welded.next weekend im going to do the gas tank and try and fit my new fan and the heat exchanger.then im done and off to the shop the charger goes to get ported and polished.getting closer;)
transmount.jpg

tranmountinstalled.jpg

old19new36.jpg

well im totally pissed now.got my pipe from global,the $80 one!!!its totally wrong!!i ordered a 3",80*, 11ga,9"CLR and 12"tangents.what i got is a 90*,3",11ga,looks to be 19CLR and 12" tangents!!also the box they sent it in was about three time the size they needed and with the extra CLR im sure it added a pound to the shipping cost!!this is BS man i have waited 3 weeks for this pipe and damn near paid an arm & leg for it!!this is again putting me way behind schedule.of course they are closed today!!
2012-02-20175105.jpg

2012-02-20181608.jpg

2012-02-20181705.jpg

2012-02-20182437.jpg

SAYS RIGHT ON IT 90* ON 12 WITH 12 TANGENTS,WITCH THERE IS NO WAY ITS A 12"CLR
2012-02-20182108.jpg

THIS IS A 2FOOT 90*,6"CLR ON TOP AND THE PIPE IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE BEND UNDER IT
2012-02-20181940.jpg

even on the packing list it says "BEND 90 3 ON 12 11GA 12 TANS A" like i said its not a 12 clr i measured about 19 probably is 18 sense thats what they sell.here is my invoice
viewer.png

Seeing your pain, I'll be at the hardware store trying to make pvc drain pipe work. Im sure they will make another and send it to you, but what a waste of time.

Seeing your pain, I'll be at the hardware store trying to make pvc drain pipe work. Im sure they will make another and send it to you, but what a waste of time.

this is just the manifold pipe that attaches to the charger and tb,not even the intake piping:mad:there is no way it would work,the angles are all wrong and the bend radius is way way way to big.getting real frustrated:mad:

Oh boy....I thought you had the pipe from SC to tb sorted out. Yup, I'd be ready to pop a gasket.

Oh boy....I thought you had the pipe from SC to tb sorted out. Yup, I'd be ready to pop a gasket.

i did till they cut the wrong angle on it and had to order a new one. then went to a thicker pipe

this is just the manifold pipe that attaches to the charger and tb,not even the intake piping:mad:there is no way it would work,the angles are all wrong and the bend radius is way way way to big.getting real frustrated:mad:

I don't know what is wrong with those guys but I would be pretty mad by now too. Perhaps they are under new management now compared to when I was dealing with them. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully they will make it all right, and quick.

I don't know what is wrong with those guys but I would be pretty mad by now too. Perhaps they are under new management now compared to when I was dealing with them. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully they will make it all right, and quick.

yea i dont know why they would send me an invoice with what i ordered then send me a completely wrong pipe with a packing slip with all my info but with something totally different on it.im going to see if they have a 3.25 pipe and will make it right,if not im cancelling the whole thing.ill see if blk can make me one out of 3.25 and if not im ordering this pipe,its doesnt have as long of legs as i want but is WAY CHEAPER and is in stock.
http://store.max-redline.com/servlet/-strse-813/3.25"-Aluminum-Pipe-75/Detail

Back