6" lift coils, which is best for flex | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6" lift coils, which is best for flex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the positive response, the guys at desertrangerz.com just wanted to tell me what a crappy job I was doing. It works great has around 18" of travel.

wery nice reading and god job you doing ...your lift be something like 2"-3"??

wery nice reading and god job you doing ...your lift be something like 2"-3"??

Somewhere around 4" in the front, I lifted the back 2" with shackles and it still needs 2" more.

I know this is an old thread, but would you happen to have a part number for the BDS 6" lift springs?

I'm on 4" lift with 1" spacers now, but soon to be doing the F250 tower conversion and am looking at longer coils to compliment the longer shocks (along with the extended RAs) to give me more travel. :D

I know this is an old thread, but would you happen to have a part number for the BDS 6" lift springs?

I'm on 4" lift with 1" spacers now, but soon to be doing the F250 tower conversion and am looking at longer coils to compliment the longer shocks (along with the extended RAs) to give me more travel. :D

Here is the link from Bronco Graveyard

http://shop.broncograveyard.com/BDS-Coil-Springs-6-Lift/productinfo/93510/

I don't know if that is the BDS part number or not. I am still very happy with these coils. I have put about 30k miles on them, no sag, flex great, ride great.

Like he said, digging up an old thread...
That's a great looking build... Hows it holding up???
What made you go TTB over solid???

Cheers Randy...

Like he said, digging up an old thread...
That's a great looking build... Hows it holding up???
What made you go TTB over solid???

Cheers Randy...

Everything has held up fine (wheel bearings and hubs not included). I have taken it off road some and even jumped it a few times with no ill effects.

I went with TTB for a few reasons:
  1. I had most of the TTB laying around, donated from a friend who installed a solid D44 on his Bronco
  2. Ride quality in my experience/opinion is much better than solid axle
  3. Uptravel! I have at least 8" of uptravel and only 4 inches of lift, really hard to do that with a solid axle

Check out what can be done with TTB's at Solomotorsports.com

If I had some money i'd go that route

Back