8.8 strength with spacers & little b.s. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8.8 strength with spacers & little b.s.

hiridin

Reaction score
City, State
tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 ford explorer 4x4
now i know the 8.8 is a pretty stout axle. right now i have 35" bfg mt's on 15x10 rock crawlers with 2.5" back spacing. it's about an inch narrower on each side compared to my front end. i purchased some 2" spacers for the rear. so instead of the front being an inch wider on each side... the back will. anyways i started talking about this to my dad and he told me that might be too much leverage put on the axle and i might have problems. so with the spacers it would kind of be like having 15x10" steel wheels with .5" back space. with 35's and if it makes a difference i have 4.56's and a lock rite in the back. should i really be worried about this? or should i be ok. its not like i jump my truck or nothing. jus mud... rocks... trails... im jus looking to widen my stance. but might reconsider if it'll be more trouble than anything else.

migth blaze through bearings but should be ok..... jsut leave the front wider... the rear wheels dont turn, so they follow the tracks of the fornts, if you reverse it, they wont follow as well

Back