Are seatbelt latch arms interchangeable from Non RBV Models?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are seatbelt latch arms interchangeable from Non RBV Models??

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I need stock front latch arms a couple inches longer than the stock 95-97 Explorer's, due to aftermarket raised seat side bolsters.

Would say, an F-150, Expedition, Excursion, ect... of the same years, work with my belt latches, and be longer?

My Arms are 8" long, and anything around 10"-12" would work, but they have to have the same latch locks, as Ford changed the styles up.

Anybody have one of those vehicles listed that can check the length's? I will head to a salvage yard eventually, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first. Might get a tip on this from somebody that has already been thru this.

TIA!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out 92-97 Ford truck bucket belts. F150/f250/f350 all are the same. In 1998 they all went to the "skinny" buckle.

They should be around the 12” your looking for. They are ment to be mounted to the floor though and would need a little tweaking depending on your seat set up.

Rodger that. Thanks.
I will have to investigate at the yards to see how the Pickups mount. Was hoping Ford used the same systems, same bolt on styles, & just changed arm lengths for other models. Hopefully they have some full size SUV's I can look at also.

I had the same issue in JP, so I made extensions out of 1"x 1/2" (or something like that) angle iron. They work great.

I had the same issue in JP, so I made extensions out of 1"x 1/2" (or something like that) angle iron. They work great.

There's an idea! I knew somebody must have dealt with this issue, using aftermarket seats. Just might try that, as it would be easier & faster then scavenging yards in the winter, Thanks!

They make seatbelt extenders or extensions. Not sure if I trust them :dunno:

BRAND-NEW-OEM-Seat-Belt-Extension-Extender-FORD.jpg

2__60372.1437053009.jpg

attachment.php

Well that's different. Must be for short belts, that can't reach around some passengers.

I actually need to get the latch raised, and out of between the seat and console, and above the edge of the seat. It's a PITA to use with it being pinched down there.

holy awesome solution batman!
Toypaseo my new hero
I had the webbing material in my 1988 BII seatbelts changed to black years ago at a shop....he shorted me about 6" of material on each seat. So when I have a winter coat on the belt barely fits
Now i know how to fix it easily!! I'm gonna get some extensions :)

Also I have had some luck mix matching seats in Rangers and Explorers 98+ with the skinny latches. You know how they change them year to year so they wont always click together, well with a grinder you can remove a little tab of metal from the belt end and then they will go together....

Back