bamachips | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I to have my tuner adjust for my upgraded MAF...whihc is going in tomorow!

The 93 octane tune on my Stock setup didn't change all that much!
But I have a feelign with my Nocturnal Intake and the upgraded MAF/Filter...it's gonna rock!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi there okay but since there was 87 octane is my tank before should i add some octane booster to make sure that theres no 87 octane left in the tank.

Ur better off running it to empty then filling it up with 93 (personally, i dont really trust those octane boosters). But yea thats what i did just to be safe. You will definately notice better gains from the 93. Kinda sux u cant reprogram ur tranny, i did my 98 5.0 and i love having firmer and better timed shifts. :thumbsup:

do you know if any companys that can tune the trans. did ford block it or do the people just not know how to. because on the bamachips website for the 4.0 explorer it says on automatics I can improve the shift quality as well.

do you know if any companys that can tune the trans. did ford block it or do the people just not know how to. because on the bamachips website for the 4.0 explorer it says on automatics I can improve the shift quality as well.

I'm not sure if anyone can do it yet or not. It's really blocked, it just takes the tuning companies some time so figure out how to program for new cars.

do you know what he means by can improve shift quality then.

okay so right now my truck has 50kms until empty and if i fill up with premium how long should i wait before putting on the premium tune and also do you think for my 4.0 v6 the torque or performance tune would be best thanks

once i fill it up with premium should i still wait a little bit to put the premium tune on. will running 93 octane on the 87 octane performance give it any performance different or is it bad to run 93 on the 87 octane. thanks

but if i put the tune on right away wont there still be 87 octane in the bottom of the tank and it will cause pinging.

but if i put the tune on right away wont there still be 87 octane in the bottom of the tank and it will cause pinging.

That's why you want to run it as empty as possible. The fuel still in the tank will mix with the 93 you put in. Just don't get on the throttle hard right away as the fuel in the lines will still be mostly 87 octane.

okay i understand and the octane here is actually 94 octane but bamachips could only do 93 octane i guess i ordered from explorer express. is it good or bad thats its 94 octane

okay i understand and the octane here is actually 94 octane but bamachips could only do 93 octane i guess i ordered from explorer express. is it good or bad thats its 94 octane

It's good, just give you a little extra protection from pinging

okay i tryed 93 torque and performance and i think im going crazy but i can tell a difference from the 87 performance tune. maybe there is but i cant notice or something because i floored it like i always do going onto the highway and it felt the same. are my tunes bad im not feeling them because of my 22" wheels whats going on.

The one thing u have to realize is you get small gain from the tune. Its a very good mod but its not gonna be like putting on forced induction or anything like that. The gains are marginal compared to that (more so with the V6 than the V8 for obvious reasons) but they are still there. If you took it to the track and did a before and after run you would get a better time with the tune than without. Trust me its there :thumbsup:

okay i understand i left the 93 torque tune on and i think i notice a little bit of a difference but i do notice one big thing and that is with my kkm intake the truck on cruise going up hills used to rev like up to 3000rpm and then down and then up again. it would do like 10 times before finally staying at 3000rpm to get up the hill. now it works that stock revs up to whatever it needs and stays there. why would my truck before the tune do that. Thanks

it is refered to as "hunting" the transmission is trying to figure out which gear to be in. if the tune corrected that, then all is well.

Maybe your expectations were too high for the tuner, but you should definitely notice a difference between stock and the 93 tunes. a tune isnt going to change the v6 into a rocket, but it should improve drive-ability. what i usually do to test a new mod is drive a road i normally drive, and one that i know the characteristics of my car, then after the mod i do the same and see if i notice a dif.

also depending on how much 87 was left in there, it may take some time to get to the full 93 octane. (especially if you are punching it).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think i do notice i difference with the 93 torque is seems to pull better maybe i need that extra torque to move the 22" wheels.

Back