bamachips | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

and also i was thinking of putting the magnaflow cat back system on my truck instead of just the muffler that i have now. would i need to the tunes re tuned.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you will notice a difference, if you raise the rev limiters on your tune file....

i adjust every thing but theaxle ratio, wot/fuel and sparks

but every thing else wont hurt to play with a little

just wondering is there a big difference between 87 performance and 93 performance because right now im paying like an extra $15 a fill up to use the 93 octane.

Do you feel a difference? That's all that really matters none of us have driven your explorer with your tunes on it so there is no way for us to advise you one way or the other it's up to you to decide if the extra money is worth it.

Doug (Bama) once told me that the reason they push 91/93 tunes is that so much more can be done to the tune with the higher octane tunes. I don't have a clue what that means, but I always noticed a difference between 87 and 91 tunes. I always ended up going back to 91 once I'd do a tank or two of regular.

The extra money for high test is worth it to me due to better performance. Techieman and I had this conversation in person recently and I know he agrees.

just question for you guys right now with the 87 performance tune and a kkm intake and magnaflow muffler. When i floored the trucks today once it hits 60 mph it started to jerk back and forth until i let off the gas any ideas what this could be. I still have some 94 octane left in the tank could that be it.

Spencer you may want to call Doug at Bama, I don't have a programmer yet but from what I've read on here he is very helpful with after sales support.

He was very helpful but his customer service hasn't been what it used to be for a long time. In the past he has refused to eve. Talk to customers telling them that since he didn't sell them the tuner directly that he wasn't responsible for any problems they were having.

He was very helpful but his customer service hasn't been what it used to be for a long time.

Sadly, I have to agree. I really like and respect Doug, but I know he's sort of disappeared off the face of the earth at least with respect to EF. We're fortunate that James filled the void left by Doug's departure.

Yea james is the man when it comes to this stuff. i never dealt with doug but i do know james is very helpful with this kind of stuff mabe he can help u out. did u get the bama or the sct from james?

Yea james is the man when it comes to this stuff. i never dealt with doug but i do know james is very helpful with this kind of stuff mabe he can help u out. did u get the bama or the sct from james?

I bought my XC2 from Doug (Bama) had have many of his tunes for both my old SOHC Sport and my 5.0 EB. I started dealing with James last summer and now have many of his tunes. He's working on a re-tune for me right now since I got headers installed. I just sent him a datalog on Friday night and now anxiously await his first cut on my new tune. :)

Right now im running a 94 Torque Tune and it feels pretty good. Sucks that they can't tune the v6 transmission yet. But i think they can tune the v8 transmission now.

Back