Ben's Project: 91 XL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ben's Project: 91 XL

Some of you know I purchard Briwayjones' old 1991. It needed some help..

Don't have any before but there should be some on the site..

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Doing the inner dog legs plus the outers, I cut all the rust out before starting and added a rust inhibitor (por-15) to ensure the rust is gone to the best of my abilities. Good bonding between old sheet metal & new sheet metal was done buy using body panel adhesive/seam sealer between the joints and adding plug welds/rivets, etc.. Not the greatest job doing it but I'm no pro and this is just to prevent the rust from proceeding any further.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

**shudders at the thought of all that rust**

Ya know, it probably would be cheaper to buy one already road legal and built....:D

**shudders at the thought of all that rust**

Ya know, it probably would be cheaper to buy one already road legal and built....:D

I actually thought about that, but one problem, I don't have $3K on hand unless you feel like $500 a month :D

bout time we see some signs of this damn thing :p:

Some of you know I purchard Briwayjones' old 1991. It needed some help..

Don't have any before but there should be some on the site..

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Doing the inner dog legs plus the outers, I cut all the rust out before starting and added a rust inhibitor (por-15) to ensure the rust is gone to the best of my abilities. Good bonding between old sheet metal & new sheet metal was done buy using body panel adhesive/seam sealer between the joints and adding plug welds/rivets, etc.. Not the greatest job doing it but I'm no pro and this is just to prevent the rust from proceeding any further.

I wish i had those hand crank windows. It would've saved me so much trouble.

Subscribe to thread

Hmm.. discovered a few issues with the truck the other day.. oil pressure would randomly act funny basically the needle would bounce or sometimes not register at all. Also discovered oil is coming thru near the valve covers and leaking onto the exhaust manifold. Need to check on things more further to see the extent of the damage.

Did some more work on the rig.. Figures I would run out of body filler just as I'm doing a little mud work.. Kev can I borrow some Evercoat? :p:

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

Back