Blasting on the 'Con???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blasting on the 'Con????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not my neck of the woods but man that's a shame...

DRM said:
Oh well, guess by the time I fimally make it out to the Rubicon, I can just rent a Taurus at Hertz and run it...

:mad:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :eek: At first I thought someone was having fun with PhotoShop. I've always laughed when people start joking about "paving the 'con" - now it's not so funny.

Glad I got a chance to run it before it disappeared.

This is just sad. :( I never did get to run it, I waiting for the SAS. I guess Rubi will not be the hardest anymore. Maybe it's a mistake, they told them to go blow up the Rubicon and ment some guys Jeep. :p

That's just the beginning of the end. Today's paper had very grim news for those who enjoy fourwheeling in the West. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1124landsale.html

Mining roads make up a large portion of the trails we run. If they are deemed private instead of public, they will lock us out.

Rick said:
That's just the beginning of the end. Today's paper had very grim news for those who enjoy fourwheeling in the West. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1124landsale.html

Mining roads make up a large portion of the trails we run. If they are deemed private instead of public, they will lock us out.

I noticed it said Prices would start at $2.50 a Acre. I say we all pitch in money and build our own offroad park :D

It would have to be a mining operation that just happened to also be an offroad park. I could see it now. "Serious Explorations" Mining and 4x4. Come on out and dig your own obstacles!

Hey I have a skid steer :)

I better get my truck back together...I'd like to run whats left of the Con. It's always been on my top 10 list of trails to do.
I'm sure private/man made off road parks will be the future of our sport, I guess there's just no stopping it :mad:

Well I didn't personally drive, but went with a couple buddies up here about a month ago. here's a link to a thread with pics and a writeup. The B2 had problems at the GK due to a blown out rear end, but we got through after some pullage from a yota on 44's :D . Now it looks like my rig won't have too many problems gettin in too deep :(

It is a shame they had to blast it. But comparing how it was this past july to how it was in 1999 when I ran the rubicon it was much harder. I have a feeling it will wash out again and become a challanging part again. Now the traffic jam will occur another 100 yards in instead of right at the beginning. I think it will make traffic worse cause atleast the area around the gatekeeper there was enough room to park a few rigs on the side to allow others to get through.

Blasting Gatekeeper.. Yes, it's a shame they did it. Gatekeeper didn't keep the people out - you could easily bypass if you knew how (and I think that's why they blasted it, so they could now close those bypasses.)

I'm hoping they don't blast Big Sluice or Old Sluice.. That's where the real fun stuff is at.

that's a shame, but it seems like they did it for the right reasons

At least I can say I ran GK just didn't finish the rest of the trail! ;)

Back