Bluetooth phone calls really noisy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth phone calls really noisy

jasonmolinari

Reaction score
Using an iphone to make bluetooth calls. To the person receiving the call it's terribly noisy, almost like the noise cancellation mic isn't working. Tons of road noise comes through in the background, like a constant rumble.

Anyone else experience this? Should i be calling the dealer to replace the noise cancellation mic? It seems really odd that the quality would be so poor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using an iphone to make bluetooth calls. To the person receiving the call it's terribly noisy, almost like the noise cancellation mic isn't working. Tons of road noise comes through in the background, like a constant rumble.

Anyone else experience this? Should i be calling the dealer to replace the noise cancellation mic? It seems really odd that the quality would be so poor.

In the few calls I've made I've been told the quality is better than when I'm on the phone by itself, so u definitely might need the dealer to look at it.

yeah, the only calls I've made have been at highway speeds as a matter of fact :)

Thanks. I'm guessing something is going on with the noise cancellation mic. That one is going to be a doozy to explain to teh dealer..i guess i should call the shop while i'm driving there:)

Mine has been good too..no complaints about sound quality.

ok thanks. i'll definitely call the dealer.

Jason,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I agree that taking it to the dealer and letting them listen for themselves is a great idea. I hope that your trip to the dealer remedies the issue. Please feel free to contact me should you have any other concerns.

Seni

Not sure about the road noise, but you can adjust the volume during the call to make it louder or softer. Have you tried to turn the volume down during a call?

Try it with different people and different phones. This could check if it's your phone or your MFT.

Thanks Seni. My wife has an appt. tomorrow, to get this looked at as well as a couple other issues.

Great. Let me know how this works out. I hope she is able to get it all resolved. Enjoy your day.

Seni

I may be calling on you Seni. Last week my wife too the car in, and the dealer fixed the startup issue, but said "if the computer doesn't throw a code for the bluetooth there is nothing I can do".

I haven't had a chance to call and argue with him or try another dealer...but it sounds like a stupid statement to me. I can't imagine the noise cancellation mic has a computer code, even if it were to go bad.

I may be calling on you Seni. Last week my wife too the car in, and the dealer fixed the startup issue, but said "if the computer doesn't throw a code for the bluetooth there is nothing I can do".

I haven't had a chance to call and argue with him or try another dealer...but it sounds like a stupid statement to me. I can't imagine the noise cancellation mic has a computer code, even if it were to go bad.

Your dealer is full of crap. It's not going to throw a code. The whole OBD system is for vehicle operation, not the MFT or Sync system.

Any update to this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same thing here, They replaced mic and even packed foam behind it. I put felt over it and itstill is no good too much backgroud noise, Called dealer and they say its better than before amd it sounds like Im calling from a car, I laeve message on my machine and can tell the noise is terrible. I suppose once they ban cell phones from cars it wont matter. Thats probably what Ford is hoping for

Back