MFT crashing after bluetooth phone call | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT crashing after bluetooth phone call

foxtemple

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
After completing a Bluetooth call on mft [latest update that required the dealer to have a new SD card] my system always crashes. It displays, "Application Desktop.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down." Anyone else experienced this? Going to bring it up to the dealer but just want to know if anyone is in the same boat I am. Has happened consistently after every phone call. I have a iPhone 5.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yep, seen it.....but usually after the caller hangs up, I loose all radio functionality.....but turning the radio off and back on usually works.

Hi, foxtemple and cnsheets!

Would it be possible for one of you to post a picture of the error so I can send it to my support? Thanks!

Rebecca

Hey Rebecca,

Thank you so much for the response.

Rebecca,

We are also experiencing the same problem with the application.exe error message. Please email or post me how to fix it as well.

Thank you

James

James,

Just take it to the dealership. Even though Rebecca is extremely helpful, what she does doesn't seem to fix the problem. It is more of a diagnostic thing. I took my ex to the dealer after help from Rebecca and they replaced the API Module. I've been too scared to re-pair my phone but I'll try soon.

Rebecca,

We are also experiencing the same problem with the application.exe error message. Please email or post me how to fix it as well.

Thank you

James

James,

Just take it to the dealership. Even though Rebecca is extremely helpful, what she does doesn't seem to fix the problem. It is more of a diagnostic thing. I took my ex to the dealer after help from Rebecca and they replaced the API Module. I've been too scared to re-pair my phone but I'll try soon.

Hi, guys!

We are still researching this, can you both please provide me with a list of the downloaded applications you have on your iPhones? Private message me if you don't want to post them here.

Thanks! :D

Rebecca

Had the exact same problem. The dealer told me it was caused by having emoji characters in my contacts on my iPhone. I didn't believe him, but removed them anyway to test it.

No problems ever since. Funny fix, but it worked.

Rebecca, have you heard of this before?

mine has been doing it for MONTHS and they even changed the "a-pin" hard drive and its still the same... wtf

mine has been doing it for MONTHS and they even changed the "a-pin" hard drive and its still the same... wtf
Didn't know they had that in a '96 XLT.

Peter

Had the exact same problem. The dealer told me it was caused by having emoji characters in my contacts on my iPhone. I didn't believe him, but removed them anyway to test it.

Welcome to the Forum jonvanhorn.:wavey:
It would be very helpful for the members in answering future concerns if you listed what model and year Ex you have in your profile so that it will show in the left column where your name is. Some problems are model specific.

Peter

I tried to put 96' and 12' but it wouldn't let me for some reason.
Okay, if you have both, you can try adding it to your 'signature'. There are some members who have a list of several vehicles they own or owned shown there.

Peter

Hi, jonvanhorn and tvalentino!

We're still looking in to these concerns; I'll update the thread once I hear something more. In the meantime, you can also try turning Auto Phonebook Download off.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did turn auto phone book off still the same... i been talking to my service advisor and ford might send a "special tech" from head quarters down to the dealer to take a look at my car... i just want to drive the damn thing... its been in for the same problem many times and i get no loaner car... its bs... when is it considered a lemon car...

Back