Carlovers Desert Beater Build | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Well im starting to source parts and gather up some good stuff. I figured id start a thread just to show everyone that the ideas are. Should be a pretty fun setup when done. Everything will be being built by Brandon at BTF Fab.

The rear will be a 4 link with a panhard bar and cantilever coilovers. Shooting for around 20" of rear travel. Full size van 9", and should be around 3.5" wider per side than stock

Front will be a BTF front setup more than likely with a fully fabbed spindle with d44 hubs and uniball upper and lowers. Should pull around 16-17" of travel. Will be around 5" wider a side than stock.

It will be a fairly slow build due to finances. It will be built in stages obviously and should take around 12-16 months to be fully complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

kit5.jpg

sorry the the tiny pic in this last one i dont know why photopbucket resized it so small.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Looks awesome Sean, and Brandon! Can't wait to get a ride.

It will never work. Get a new fab guy.

Good idea. :D;) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hopefully the steering will be figured out so i can get the other side buttoned up and get some good pics soon.

Will be bumped and strapped arounf 18.5" and is only 81" wide right now, it will end up 83" because im going to use a different D44 spindle on the upright. So a good travel increase and less width the first kit i had. And 10000x stronger with the new upright compared to the fabtech.

careful you dont "case" that **** out as the MX'ers say. lol

hmm will the steering be able to keep up with this set up ?

dude.. lemme get the plans to this when your done. lemme know if u need help. mounty71(matt) and i live in long beach.. sorry matt i just volunteered you.

dude.. lemme get the plans to this when your done. lemme know if u need help. mounty71(matt) and i live in long beach.. sorry matt i just volunteered you.

Haha, it's usually the other way around, sean helps me out. But when you get this thing racing eventually, i'll definitely be up for chasing/pitting.

I hope to be there spectating.

Back