Colorado Color Run 09/2018 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

What dates in Sept Do you all want? Let us know what weeks you would like for the gathering.

• 09/08 - 09/15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 09/22 - 09/29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is what I was looking for sir. Thank you. Love seeing pictures of vehicle (other then Jeeps) Here in Colorado on the trails. So Looking forward to this fun weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribing. Not sure about this one, the wife has me committed to some old lady friend of her's 90-something birthday in Ventura early September.

Things are still looking good for this trip. So looking forward to this meeting fellow explorer guys and seeing what everyone has in person.

Would love to be able to join this trip. I live about 2 hours away and should be able to make it work permitting if you guys dont mind a new guy tagging along!

The more the merrier. More then happy to have you along.

Thanks! Hope to be able to make it. I just noticed the dates were from September 1st through the 8th (which is a saturday to a saturday if I checked correctly) is there a reason this did not fall on a normal weekend? Id imagine more people would be able to make it then.

I should still be able to get away for a couple days being so close to here.

At the moment, it looks like I will arrive on Sunday evening, and stay through either Wednesday or Thursday - haven't decided yet.

From Colorado, I am off to California to run the Owens Valley for 5 or 6 days.

I'll go!

I am planning on getting there Friday Aug 31th and stay till Monday night Sept 3rd.

Looks like this won't happen for me at least this year. We have our Granddaughter due in the first part of Sept. So have to be ready to haul the mail to KS. When the time comes.

Tim

Some unexpected life happenings happened and I might now be able to make this trip. Yes I know I started it but as life would have it my daily driver just got taken in to the shop for a possible engine change. If it gets fixed under warrantee then I might still be able to if not not sure I will. I really do not want to miss out on this awesome trip but might have to. Will let you all know as I know more.

We'll keep hoping. I got a fresh (well.. salvage) engine for my Tbird, courtesy of the insurance company, after I accidentally drove it into water... hehe

Well I just found out yesterday that they will be replacing the motor under warrantee. It had a recall on the motor anyway what saved me was that there was a test done at 100,000 miles and it passed. Then 64,000 miles later it wont pass so Hyundai is replacing my motor in my car free of charge and I know have a loaner car till mine is done. SOO It is looking like I will still be able to make it. NOW to get my Explorer to a true 4x4 :)

I know everyone is talking about the KOA site, and it looks great. But its pricey (as far as campsites go). I'm looking for something nearby that is a little less costly. The alternative to a cheaper RV site is a tent. Did that last year and though I had a great time, it was chilly. Of course we were camping at 10,400ft.
Any suggestions? Anyone else considering primitive camping?

Yeah I'm doing primitive camping. Have not really figured out where yet.

Ok, well if we figure out what kind of accommodations everyone is wanting, then we can at least have all the motel folks in one motel, all the RV folks in one park and all the primitive camping folks in one place. Ideally those three places would be as close to the others as possible. As I said I'd go primitive in a flash but remember the cold nights last year. If a person isn't too shy, I do have a tent that Gman gave me that is supposed to be HUGE (his words). I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but according to the previous owner its good for... what was it Greg.. 10 people?
Just trying to fit within my budget by helping others with their budgets and throwing out possible ideas.

Thanks for the help and Idea's @traveler . I have a tent that will fit my family in. Plus I will have a table for Cooking and What have ya. Want my kids to enjoy what I did when I was a kid and went out camping with my Dad. The way weather has been lately might have a pretty warm but hey I am no weather man so I will not be telling no lies. LOL. But warm weather for me would be Cold weather for you Traveler :laugh:

...But warm weather for me would be Cold weather for you Traveler :laugh:

Well thats only partly true. I moved to AZ a year ago. I grew up in Southeast KS. We had a few cold winters... But I never got to where I liked them!

Well thats only partly true. I moved to AZ a year ago. I grew up in Southeast KS. We had a few cold winters... But I never got to where I liked them!

LOl Just messing with you. My sister lives in Gilbert and my family makes fun of her when they cry about 70 degree weather. :) Her youngest always had a beanie on when it was that cold their 2nd winter there. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just butting in to say while the KOA is kinda expensive, it is also real nice. The cost will pay for itself with convenience to town.

Just my .02

Back