DIY stunt double
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
If anyone knows about Deckers canyon, route 67 between Castle Rock and Woodland Park area. Maybe it is up 126 (Deckers road) toward Buffalo Creek?

I would like to know if there is still turnouts where camping is allowed right along the road --river?

Used to be you could pull over, camp over night and swim in the south platte.

Does anybody know???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an e-mail to Larry on it. I'll let you know what I find out. Looks like that is the Pike National Forest. Might contact them. I think they had a big fire down there and closed a bunch of stuff. Back in the Pass Patrol days they did a Teller County Car Wash down that way if it's the same area. After the fire that area was closed. Don't know if it's open again or not.

I have an e-mail to Larry on it. I'll let you know what I find out. Looks like that is the Pike National Forest. Might contact them. I think they had a big fire down there and closed a bunch of stuff. Back in the Pass Patrol days they did a Teller County Car Wash down that way if it's the same area. After the fire that area was closed. Don't know if it's open again or not.

Thanks Jack!!!

Just received this from Larry Don.

Don't know for sure about camping spots, but know its open to river. Tried going 3 years ago when first open back up again. It started raining so ended up turning around at big rock. Guess someone will have to go try it now to know for sure.

Larry

The road from Deckers up to Goose Creek Campground there area a few turnouts to camp on. The Buffalo Creek road has TONS of turnouts to camp on. Last time I was up there, however, there was a fire ban. No fires anywhere- even in fire rings inside a campground.

Back