Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everyone attending.. And for those who missed out, you missed a great trail ride. It was nice putting faces to all these names. Bobby, your Ranger is sick, you definately designed a great rig. Patrick, your Durango did good, hopefully no serious damage underneath. Atleast your rig now has some character marks. Josh Adams, nice Ranger, front & rear lockers definately help. Unclemeat, the other Josh plus JoshC plus everyone else, it was nice meeting you guys. I think at the next run we're gonna have to rename some of the Joshs' to something else. Way too many Joshs' at this run. If anyone needs webspace for pics or videos contact me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blee1099 said:
Thanks for everyone attending.. And for those who missed out, you missed a great trail ride. It was nice putting faces to all these names. Bobby, your Ranger is sick, you definately designed a great rig. Patrick, your Durango did good, hopefully no serious damage underneath. Atleast your rig now has some character marks. Josh Adams, nice Ranger, front & rear lockers definately help. Unclemeat, the other Josh plus JoshC plus everyone else, it was nice meeting you guys. I think at the next run we're gonna have to rename some of the Joshs' to something else. Way too many Joshs' at this run. If anyone needs webspace for pics or videos contact me.
Josh naming convention according to join date.
J1=JoshC
J2=Josh Adams
J3=Josh
:D

MONMIX said:
Uhhhhhhh, yeah Zorro had seen better days than this weekend :(

I can't believe you actually took Zorro through mud AND got it stuck :eek: That's the first sign of becoming a wheeler, Kev- I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you ;) :D

(I woulda parked Jack 5 miles away and walked, haha)

Spas said:
I can't believe you actually took Zorro through mud AND got it stuck :eek: That's the first sign of becoming a wheeler, Kev- I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you ;) :D

(I woulda parked Jack 5 miles away and walked, haha)

Yeah you need to watch Kevin there Linds, all i heard was "Hey ya'll watch this!" and then the sound of mud splattering in the fender wells :D

Attachments

• P1010664-1.jpg
    P1010664-1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,356
  • P1010665-1.jpg
    P1010665-1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 245

thanks you need to see it in wet dirt. I liked the looks of the other ride you guys went on. if the other half had felt better we would have went with ya'll

JoshC said:
...all i heard was "Hey ya'll watch this!"

He got lucky, I wonder how many people die after speaking those infamous words.

I had a good time, meeting new people on the site is always cool. I was very impressed with the drivers and trucks on this trip. I've been a few trips from this site where the drivers are clueless.

This park was definantly harder then any of use thought it would be. And i can't wait to go back! :thumbsup: I'm really suprised we don't have more damage on the rigs then what we did.

Sunday morning was challenging. We, or actually i did 4 trails. Chris was on the ATV again and his wife Heather rode with me for most of it. That was some challenging stuff. I had a locker issue on my front axle which limited my ability, but i still gave her heck, that is until i blew a ujoint cap on my drives side axle shaft up front. Luckily i was only about 200 yards from the truck, so i just winch my self out of the mess i was in!

As a last note, i'd have to say to our fearless (or brainless) leader Ben that who would have thought that about 7 months or 8 months of planning this trip would have not been enough time to get a transfer case in! :nono:

Pic is from sunday morning

Attachments

• P1010670-1.jpg
    P1010670-1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 304

Bobby D Crawley said:
am I doing something wrong, I can't get this photos to open

You need Quicktime player from what I can tell.. The links are working.

If anyone wants a plaque, contact Rick regarding payment. I have about 17 left plus plenty of decals.

Glad to see everyone had a good time:chug:

I'm closing this thread and starting a return from Crozet thread. That makes it much easier to find photos in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back