Daemon's SAS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daemon's SAS

Daemon's SAS *updated 17 July*

Front:
-'79 Bronco 1/2 ton HP Dana 44
-narrowed 5 3/8" on the pass side
-moser alloy shaft on the passenger side, and stock shafts on the driver side. :)
-CTM u-joints
-5.13 gears and No-Spin Detroit
-WH 5.5 coils
-1.5 x .25 wall DOM steering links using tube inserts, and 3/4" heim joints
-superlift adjustable track bar
-stock bronco radius arms with 7 degree bushings
-cut down bronco coil towers and F-250 shock towers
-RS 9012X shocks.

Rear:
-'79 Ford 9"
-disk brakes
-Dutchman alloy axles
-5.13 gears and Detroit
-2" OME leafs SOA
-RS9000 shocks

Tires and wheels:
-15x8 rockcrawlers wih 2.5" BS
-37x12.5 Super Swamper SSR radials*

2199project_029.jpg

2199P1010009.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great! Thanks dude. I am either going to start on Friday or next weekend. That helps huge. Thanks for everything.

Kirby

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem! Good luck and PM if you have other questions. Take a lot of pics!

very nice clean job... question, is 5 3/8" the exact difference between the fullsize and EB long shafts or did you have a custom long shaft made?
Also in the second to last pic you posted the track bar looks awfully close to the diff, are you worried about them hitting on up travel or is it just the picture that looks that way?
again good job... :)

Nick26 said:
very nice clean job... question, is 5 3/8" the exact difference between the fullsize and EB long shafts or did you have a custom long shaft made?
Also in the second to last pic you posted the track bar looks awfully close to the diff, are you worried about them hitting on up travel or is it just the picture that looks that way?
again good job... :)

Thanks!
I'm using a custom shaft. The track bar have a bend that clears the pumpkin.

OK still haven't started. I have another question though.

How much travel are your shocks? I have a line on some 13" travel Ranchos, but I don't know if that is enough and I can't tell until I get there.

I have the 9012's, 13.5 travel, same as yours.

Daemon,
I ran out of money for a while, but I am back in buisiness. I got some 9012s. My axle is completely preped. I just need toget spacers and some misalignmnet bushings. Did you use 3/4" bolts for your steering or did you use the bushings that neck down the bolt size? I went to my local machine shop to get some, but they only had the neck down style and looked at me like I was a moron when I asked about the other type. I saw these type on poison spyder. Is this what you used?
imga0260.jpg
(Far Right)? What height of bushing did you use? Did you use 4 of them? 2-Pitman arm 2 knbuckle, both draglink ends?

Do you think I could get by with no drop pitman arm? Thanks for the help!

Kirby

I used 3/4" bolts, had to drill the pitman arm and knuckles. I used spacers(pictured on far left) on both sides of the heims to prevent binding with the bolt head and pitman arm. For the knuckle I used the same spacers and added another (pictured second from the left) to clear the drag link. So, 4 total of the small spacers and 1 pictured next to it.

I would consider getting a drop pitman arm.

What did the radius arm brackets come off of?

Great. Thank you Daemon. I am going to order three far lefts and a second from far left tomarrow.

Thanks again!

Kirby

Back