DemonMudder

- When In Doubt, Redneck It Out -
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 C1500
So, taking her in on Monday to have the front dif looked at and get an estimate. Hopefully have them go ahead and start on it. But in the meantime, ordering bulbs for the interior. For the most part I know what i need but I found the ones behind the: rear wiper, fog light, etc.. have a bulb I hadn't seen before. If anyone has some insight to where I can find these as blue leds, please feel free to share. That and the steering wheel button lights.

Edit:
Links to my light sources (WIP):
-*Interior Lights and AC Control Lights*

-*Rear Wiper LED (soldered in)*

-*Fog Light and Rear Defrost LEDs*

-*Guage Cluster LEDs (work well, havent sanded the guage faces yet)*
-*4WD Switch LED (had to modify it connect the same as the stock)*

-*Guage Cluster Smaller LEDs (For Example: Check Engine, Theft, Seatbelt, etc..)*
20210813_085710.jpg

20210813_085710.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a green cover over the bulb, there are a few like that. The 95-97's have blue lights, you might try those components to see if that color will work for you.

That is a green cover over the bulb, there are a few like that. The 95-97's have blue lights, you might try those components to see if that color will work for you.
They did? May have to look into that

I bought a set of the steering wheel buttons from a 95-97, but not much else to change the color to blue.

I bought a set of the steering wheel buttons from a 95-97, but not much else to change the color to blue.
Well dang, I'll probably do that as well while I'm at it, not that they do anything but light up

I have seen some old threads where people took apart the window switches and changed the LED's. Those looked workable, but some lights may be more trouble or fragile than you want to deal with.

I have seen some old threads where people took apart the window switches and changed the LED's. Those looked workable, but some lights may be more trouble or fragile than you want to deal with.
Yeah, that bit may be pushing it for me. That's asking to break something to me

Well I haven't found a nice set of buttons for the steering wheel, may buy them new. But I found the fog light, rear wiper, etc... buttons from a '97 at the junkyard, so finally some blue crap, going to slap those in soon. Still need the 4WD and such though too. Waiting for my gauge cluster leds to arrive. Need some for the ac lights too

The steering wheel buttons are high wear items, if you can find them NOS, that will be the best way. I got mine NOS about 10 years back, for around $40 IIRC.

The steering wheel buttons are high wear items, if you can find them NOS, that will be the best way. I got mine NOS about 10 years back, for around $40 IIRC.
Yeah, that's not too bad, I'll look into it!

Well, I was bored with some of the LEDs today and did part of my project, looks pretty good so far. Still need to do the sides, when I decide how I want to now that I'd like them to be LED too. But hey, gotta edge your way into the mud before charging straight in, so, plan I will lol

20210905_225011.jpg

Anyone know where I can find this in blue? LED preferably, at least know the bulb size? I'm having some trouble finding it. It's for the 4X4 switch

EDIT: just found some online, T4 Type B tall neowedge. Already ordered one

20210907_142506.jpg

20210907_142537.jpg

How do those come out? I like what you have done so far.
Just get a flathead screwdriver and twist it to the left, should just be able to flip it over and it will come right out.

20210907_160030.jpg

Okay, new thing, bulb for the rear wiper. Anyone know of an LED, plug and play, replacement for that one? Haven't been able to find that one for a while. Again, even just the bulb type is helpful, knowing what to search exactly would be great

Okay, done a little more, placed one of the older blue filters on the 4wd switch light temporarily and two of the other switches switched to led. Still need to rig the rear wiper and 4wd switch with leds, may have that done in the next few days if things go well. Going to be a fun challenge with those two.

20210916_135501.jpg

20210916_220412.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, leaves one more to go, I'll add some pictures of how it looks tonight after work

20210922_130653.jpg

20210922_130700.jpg

Back