-Deathrow Update Log- | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-Deathrow Update Log-

jus lmk! if you only plan to weld thin/mild thickness steel, cant beat the HF flux welder imo. no gas to buy, and for the price, cant beat it!
Just heard about that the other day, I've never done any of it, closest I've done is soldering, so I'm still researching how the different kinds work, tips and tricks, etc.. I'd like thick, but I'd probably just make it match the bumper, I don't rock crawl really, just the random stump or something while mudding lol

That's actually cheap enough I may do that real soon...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just heard about that the other day, I've never done any of it, closest I've done is soldering, so I'm still researching how the different kinds work, tips and tricks, etc.. I'd like thick, but I'd probably just make it match the bumper, I don't rock crawl really, just the random stump or something while mudding lol

That's actually cheap enough I may do that real soon...
its no miller TIG but for what it is and the price its hard to beat it, especially if its not a frequent use weekend warrior kinda use

its no miller TIG but for what it is and the price its hard to beat it, especially if its not a frequent use weekend warrior kinda use
For sure, it'll be a few projects but not constant use or anything, appreciate it!

Sorry I keep bringing this back, stopping, and repeating. Officially, the Rado is pretty much on hold and a good steady daily driver, only thing I've got in progress with it now is the A/C finally, the Mazda is just going to sit a while with fluids on the pistons. AND best of all, the driveway is open, least sorta, so I'm looking around for some engine lifts and stands now. So I can start taking the engine bay more apart and hopefully get a better idea what all needs to be done and hopefully can actually start doing crap, want it done by the end of August, not sure I can, but I'm going to do my best, also looking at some used SOHCs around to maybe just swap right in after some basic maintenance stuff. Which if I can do that, I may do a 4.0 SOHC in the mazda too afterall since I'd have a spare engine to build.

Went out for a bit of mud, first time through this pit I found it to be much softer than anticipated, almost getting myself stuck. So the video only covers the front half of the mud, but I've got a few pics of her. Would've liked some more mud, but most of the pits were too soft to even think about attempting, only the one real decent one

View attachment 423390 View attachment 423391 View attachment 423392 View attachment 423393 View attachment 423394 View attachment 423395

You do like that mud!!! GPS sent me through a muddy intersection a couple weeks ago - the road was closed and the excavator had dug a bit in the middle. Wasn't too deep, went right through boy those tires were muddy. Proud of my stock Ex!

You do like that mud!!! GPS sent me through a muddy intersection a couple weeks ago - the road was closed and the excavator had dug a bit in the middle. Wasn't too deep, went right through boy those tires were muddy. Proud of my stock Ex!
Oh yeah! Love some mud, just wish I could get out to it more like I used to! Working too much and now making sure I have a second vehicle in case I break anything! Lmao
But also glad yours made it right through! Definitely bet that was some soft stuff since it was freshly worked in!

Back