Do you wear a seatbelt? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you wear a seatbelt?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 398 81.1%
  • No, never

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Depends (please post what it depends on)

Votes: 64 13.0%

• Total voters
in va, it is a ""stoppable" offense....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have gotten in the habit of not wearing mine... probably should start again. Although I try to put it on if I see a cop even though it is a secondary law in AZ. :D

Here in Winnipeg, you have to wear a seat belt, unless you'rE in the box of a pick up. I always wear my seat belt. There was a time where I thought like a lot of you do, "It should be my choice". However, after be ejected and spending 6 months in the hospital (3 months in traction), it has now become second nature. It shouldn't even be a debate, they are there to keep you from flying around the cab if the worse happens.

I always wear mine. Even when I had that bad car wreak my seat belt saved me more pain and probably my life. In Ga if you drive a pickup truck you don't have to wear one, farmers law. I just moved up here to Tn so I don't know about their laws yet.

Being a firefighter i always where mine unless im on a private road going slow. The only time i dont where it is if im in the water tender(3500gal of water) cause no matter what if you wreck the tender or an engine for that matter odds are your going to have all the weight of that water coming through the cab.

Josh

Pretty much if you don't wear a seat belt and you die in a wreck you just won a Darwin award!

Pretty much if you don't wear a seat belt and you die in a wreck you just won a Darwin award!

Like i said before only in the water tender cause your dead in that thing if you wreck at 70mph.. or even 45mph.. the engines are a different story i ALWAYS where my seat belt in them,

that bein said...
but specially since the speed limit on the hwy out here is 70mph and everyone does 80ish seatbelts are needed. i have seen people wreck off the main roads(all gravel roads) and be dead wrecking at 30mph with no seatbelt(that a seatbelt wearing persdon could have and also have survived). so like i said only time i wont wear one is in the water tender cause i rather have a slight chance of getting flung free of the truck than be squished(i highly doubt that the 3500gal of water and the huge tank is gunna stay where its at in a wreck at 70mph)..... and hahah i dont want to deal with our fire chief afterwards for wrecking his apparatus :D I could really careless about people over 18 that choose not to wear one(there an adult its there choice) but COME ON!!!!!!!! who the hell lets there 5 and 6yr old kids hop around the car with no seatbelt on while going 70-80mph on a 2 lane hwy!! I see this daily or parents that let there baby ride on there lap:thumbdwn:

Josh

Without a doubt, always. It's the only reason i'm alive today.

6/29/86

7 dead/ 2 survivors

6 miles south of Rolla Missouri on Hwy 63, 5 teens in a 1978 TransAm traveling at a very high rate of speed passing a line of cars in a no passing zone, my stepfather driving 1973 Ford Galaxie 500 tried to avoid but both drivers swerved the same direction. Collision was head-on.

Killed all five teens, my mother and my stepfather. My sister and I were in the back seat of the Galaxie wearing our seat belts, Mom always demanded it, Mom had hers on but the impact was so violent the front seatbelt failed on the passenger side, partially ejecting her from the vehicle.

Please don't think I'm looking for sympathy, I'm typing for education and safety. Everyone needs to buckle up, because you never now what's coming around the bend, everything happens for a reason. Please talk to your teens about the dangers of fast cars and caution. You never know when it'll be to late.

Just as much as I wish my mother was still here, I know there are five other moms out there that are wising their sons were still with them.:(

Well said, God Bless you!

Always in the front seat of any vehicle, especially when I'm driving because I just got my license and it is illegal in New Jersey and the driver is responsible for all passengers. I do not want to lose my license already.

I don't however always wear it in the back seat. I try to, but sometimes I forget or don't care. The driver has to driving a little recklessly for me to change my mind. I'm currently trying to break that habit, but it's hard when all you want to do is be in the driver's seat.

-Marc

it depends, i do alot of ice road driving in the winter, and trucks fall through all the time,, so, if i am out on the ice,, no,, never ,
but on the highway on long trips, i always do, around my small town,, hmmm maybe,

Ice road truckers!

Up till this month it wasn't law but now it is. I always wore mine anyway but now its a must. Now they jsut need to make sure people have their headlights on in bad weather.

Always wear my seat belt win driving on the streets, 50/50 off road...

i always wear a seatbelt. I feel weird without one like you do. And when i drive i make everyone else in the car buckle up as well, whether or not they like it. No one is dying on my watch...

+1

I've rolled my explorer tryin to get my girlfriend home before her parents got home doing 45 and my mom and sis rolled one doin 75. If it wasn't for the seatbelts there would be 4 less people in my area without a doubt

always, and its also the law, must have 1 working seat belt per 1 passenger.

Here in Ohio it is the law. I always buckle up. Funny about my mother though, who is 70. When I take here somepalce, it is always a hassle to get her to do the seatbelt. I guess when she was growing up, it was not a big deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByF3Obv-z_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByF3Obv-z_Y

this is what happens when you don't wear a seat belt.
if you don't wear it your a idiot, you kill yourself and others.

I can get tones more pictures of people who get ejected from their cars. my father is a firefighter so hes got an endless supply of REAL accidents were they have to scrap retards off the pavement.

also, if getting thrown around inside a box doesn't kill you first, the airbag will.

Back