dont drink and drive | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dont drink and drive

dont drink and drive!

i put all pics on my cardomain site since nothing else would host them so go here for the pics pics of accident

heres the story...
On halloween this year i was driving to an offroad rec park with a few of my friends and 7 in the morning. We were going around a bend on a two land hiway when out of nowhere a drunk driving a silverado came sliding into my lane going about 80 mph and hit me head on. I was going about 30 - 30 at the poing of impact so when we hit it was an impact of well over 100 mph. My girlfriend and i had a few broken bones and some severe lacerations on us but its been almost two months since the accident and we are both doing fine and will make complete recoveries. As for the people in the silverado, the driver died on impact, the guy passenger had a compound break in his femur with multiple severe lacerations all over him and several other broken bones, the other girl passenger slipped into a coma and died a week later due to swelling of the brain. Not quite sure how my girlfriend and I are still here but we are and were doing ok. I just bought another explorer a few weeks ago since my last one did so well in the accident and im gonna be doing a lot of work to it in the next few weeks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OMG!! That's a horrible accident.. Lucky for you and your girlfriend cause most drunk drivers never die in accidents; they usually kill everyone else..How old was the driver?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Looking at the Silverado, I could see how the driver didn't survive. Very glad to see you made it out safe. It's impressive to see that you did. It's amazing how many people on this board have walked away from some scary accidents that, had they been driving something else, they might not have survived.

WOW! Someone was smiling down on you and your girlfriend. Between your and BBQ's experiences, I think it is quite apparent just how safe Explorers are. Best wishes for a continued speedy recovery and happy trails with the new Ex!

:eek: :eek: :eek: HOLY CRAP!!!

That Silverado, passenger compartment just collapsed...

Good to see you guys came out of it alive...Damn.

did the airbags go off j/k.... glad you two made it out okay.... one of the worst head on crashes ive seen an explorer in..... suprised that the ex held up while the silverado didnt....

Glad to hear you and your girl are ok , sorry this happend to you , being an emt and dealing with this stuff first hand I am amazed you and ur girl lived as every one else has said the drunks do usually live glad to see the good ones come out on top this time.

Wow, glad you are ok. I wouldn't think anyone could live through a crash like that. The pics show how getting behind the wheel while intoxicated it stupid. Good thing you were in the X and not some tiny econobox.

Make SURE you buy and put on a gas tank skid on your new X. I can see that your old one didnt have one. They are worth every penny...

Sry about the crash tho man.

Wow sorry about that. Like others said this proves how good the Xplorers can hold up.
And isnt the Silv. even heavier than that X??

somebody was definitly looking out for you.....

Its so good to hear that you and your gf made it out ok. I cant even imagine losing my gf from something so horrible.

wow, thats horrible. its amazing you made it out of that alive. what did you have done to your old x?

Im glad you two are ok.

WOW!!! YOU AND YOUR GF ARE VERY LUCKY!!!

Count your blessings man!! I can not believe that. If you guys were in any other car, well i dont wana say!!

sapogmxr said:
most drunk drivers never die in accidents; they usually kill everyone else

A 23 year old girl was driving drunk and just killed an 18 year old kid from my highschool and put his 14 year old brother in a coma. I can't imagine how anyone could live with themselves after that. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but at least this time the sober ones lived.

Damn dude, it definitely wasnt your time to go !!! glad you two are ok.....
makes me think even more about my getting busy on my new bumpers / sliders.
seriously though, I drive about 125 miles a day for work, and have seen WAY too much over the years......

you two are luckier than you may realize!
Shiny

thanks for the support guys, it really helps...sorry to hear about the 18 year old kid and his brother but unfortunately thats how most of the drunk driving accidents end up, we were just the lucky ones this time...

BigDave!!! said:
thanks for the support guys, it really helps...sorry to hear about the 18 year old kid and his brother but unfortunately thats how most of the drunk driving accidents end up, we were just the lucky ones this time...

Did the passenger compartment of your ex collapse at all? Not the roof area, but like did the firewall buckle and push the dash into you?

You're probably lucky that you were lifted, your frame was there to stop the other truck. I dont know if you were braking or not, but if you were and your bumper dipped below his, his truck might have gone much much further into yours.

Glad to hear you recovered just fine, even more glad to hear you bought another X =)

97BlackX5.0 said:
suprised that the ex held up while the silverado didnt....

Its a chevy remember :p

Glad to see your ok!, its hard to believe there was any passenger space left in the x from the pics O.O

Back