"DOUBLE VISION"Registry | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"DOUBLE VISION"Registry

so ive been a member for awile now but never done one of these so i figured it was time and needed somewhere to bs and come up with ideas.i have a 92xl ex 4x4 and have had it for about 5 years.i got it from and ex parents for $500 and there was nothing at all wrong with it.it was a one owner truck and had all paperwork for all work done.my plans right now is to make it a good 4x4 and as fast as possible!!ill post pic and links to all my other threads as i ramble on.i decided to call it double vision because if you got double vision something is messed up and seems to be true with this truck!!:D
new11/1
new.jpg

5C8C162C-D189-4881-A2AE-754D2B530403.jpg

old on 33s
picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, JD...I feel for you man. Frustrating to keep breaking stuff when you put all that work in. Don't give up!

Yep, still have the short block if you end up needing it.

Were those the delta cam rocker arms that broke off like that? I think I've seen that happen only one other time to one of the dudes on RPS....think it was Gerry. Just one of those freak things I guess but sucks to see it happen to anyone.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

well ive double checked a couple off measurement and it doesnt look like the valve can hit the piston.thank god and the lifter is not stuck either.it looks like the valve guide might had bound up the valve with all that heat and rpm!!i took a rubber mallet and smack the top of the valve and came lose and closed.so now i have another delta cam rocker assembly that im going to throw on there and turn the motor by hand a couple of times and see how that valve works.if it open and closes fine then im going to start it and let it run in the driveway for a couple of hours to maybe break in that valve guide.

o and im pretty sure im going to buy some stock rocker arms and put them on!!where they drill that tip out to press in that cup makes it VERY thin and the oil hole is smaller.ford said they have changed the design of that rocker so when i get money they will be going on!!

I have a spare one.we will see whenever it stops raining.its crazy here right now

Man im sorry to hear about all that stuff the fuzz put ypu through, Its ok though man there just mad because they got beat up in high school. So this fan mod is of an hhr and do i have to use a manual radiator and will my oil cooler lines bolt to it. Thanks man.

Well if i actually read it, i would know, Ill get the manual radiator if my oil lines will fit.

well she runs!!!!now on to my ra arms,rearend and new gears!!

Where are you getting these ford rockers, are they better. I have the delta i dont want to use them if they suck. Thanks man.

I still run the delta ones.it just seem to be one of those freak breaks.Ford has redesigned there rockers but I don't know anyone that has used them yet.

well i raced a new v8 tundra last night and he beat me by about 2 trucks and he come the excuses,i had 2 other people in my truck and full stereo and i didnt want to redline so i shifted at 5000.i got him off the line witch i was shocked but he caught me in 2nd gear and pull 2 trucks then and didnt really pull any more,maybe a half truck by the end of 3rd gear.if i had my gears and a tune so i could shift later and take full advantage of that cam im pretty sure i would have smoked his ass!!but with all that said im pretty happy, those new tundras are pretty fast!! o and dont forget im still planing on at least a 100 shot:D:burnout:

just a little update ordered my fa 600 arm finally and will be putting my jd arms and new steering arm on hopefully next week,these bump steer wobbles are getting way to scary for me.i also raced a gti 1.8t on the highway last night and got him by 1 car,we did a 35 to 80 race!!im also getting my gears and lockers for Christmas,for the rear only for now.i went with yukons and 4.88 with an aussie.i just need to find a 2nd gen rear end to put them in.im also still trying to fix this shift problem,i took it to my buddy and he said he thinks that with this cam the it changed my vacuum pressure so its telling it to shift later.he said if i pull the line off at the tranny that the should be a screw adjustment to change the pressures but have yet to do this,ive just been shifting by hand.ill post some pic of the front end when i finish and some of the rear end parts!

new steering arms

well put my fa600 on today and it helped but i think it still needs to go down farther.bump steer has reduced by i would say 50%,i will see about the speed wobbles i was getting on the highway when full throttle tonight,haven't had time to check yet.ill do just a quick run down on how i did it because it seemed to work well and the aliment is still pretty good.first i too and marked all the arms to where they where at before the change.then i took and cut a piece of wood to fit in between the tabs where the rod ends go into the wheels.next start talking crap off.once you get the old arm off and the new one on you can tell the linkage will not mount back up to it.so i just loosened each end and turned each side the same amount of turns till the wood was tight again and it went in.i believe it was 2 full turns on each side.here are some pic.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

old angles
picture.php

new angles little better,brought it down about 2" more inches,could use 3" or 4" but better
picture.php

Wow man, nice setup, hows that rear disk brake conversion.......

Have you ever dyno'ed that thing? I really want some numbers to see if it's really worth it to so similar build or if I'm going to hold out for a diesel conversion.

Yeaaaa im elite again;)

Back