"DOUBLE VISION"Registry | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"DOUBLE VISION"Registry

so ive been a member for awile now but never done one of these so i figured it was time and needed somewhere to bs and come up with ideas.i have a 92xl ex 4x4 and have had it for about 5 years.i got it from and ex parents for $500 and there was nothing at all wrong with it.it was a one owner truck and had all paperwork for all work done.my plans right now is to make it a good 4x4 and as fast as possible!!ill post pic and links to all my other threads as i ramble on.i decided to call it double vision because if you got double vision something is messed up and seems to be true with this truck!!:D
new11/1
new.jpg

5C8C162C-D189-4881-A2AE-754D2B530403.jpg

old on 33s
picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello im getting some of the motor parts back and they are sick looking. I took the upper and lower manifolds and had them blasted and i knife edged the lips off and this motor is gonna be sweet. Here it is in nut shell, .20 over silver light pistons, new rods, 410 cam, delta rockers, flow matched 19# injectors, 95 mustang 70mm maf, new timimg set, EQ 95tm heads & Si valves (on there way), Comp 988 springs, Headman headers, 66mm BBK throttle bod, KKM style intake w/ newoilless air raid filter with filter wrap, Crank, H balancer, rods, pistons, flywheel, All balanced by King Balancing in Glendale Arizona, and some sand blasted parts, which look new now, and electric fans, Hope to get bigger oil cooler and a 10" electric fan put on it. I hope its got balls now because it was almost gutless before. Thanks to all who helped me get my motor the way it is now. Thanks again.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hello im getting some of the motor parts back and they are sick looking. I took the upper and lower manifolds and had them blasted and i knife edged the lips off and this motor is gonna be sweet. Here it is in nut shell, .20 over silver light pistons, new rods, 410 cam, delta rockers, flow matched 19# injectors, 95 mustang 70mm maf, new timimg set, EQ 95tm heads & Si valves (on there way), Comp 988 springs, Headman headers, 66mm BBK throttle bod, KKM style intake w/ newoilless air raid filter with filter wrap, Crank, H balancer, rods, pistons, flywheel, All balanced by King Balancing in Glendale Arizona, and some sand blasted parts, which look new now, and electric fans, Hope to get bigger oil cooler and a 10" electric fan put on it. I hope its got balls now because it was almost gutless before. Thanks to all who helped me get my motor the way it is now. Thanks again.

sounds good man,she should run strong!!if you haven't bought your fans yet check this mod out!!best fan and cheapest Ive ever owned!!
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258507

so good news and bad news.drove the truck to work last night she runs like a champ!!def has more power!!!shifts are very quick and firm,still got to pull that line off and see how much fluid is getting though that line!!now for the bad news this was the first time i have driven this truck in months right so i made it to work and i go to leave.i get to my neighbor hood there is two cops blocking the road so im like ok,stop and they wave me by.then about a 100 yards in front of my house they came halln ass up behind me and pull me over!!!im like f##k i didnt do anything,well my tags had expired!!!thats not the bad part they go and drag me out the truck because ive got my firearm in the truck.im like ok whatev then the start arresting me im like hold up i have a conceal permit to carry that gun.well it had expired also!!!!!!!!so the cop goes on and trashes my truck looking for anything else,then notices that the vin #s on my door dont match the window ,holly **** this cop was an as#h###l.so 2 hours later standing in the rain and checking everything he could possible give me tickets for my dad comes out the house from seeing cops down the road and they release me to him with 2 tickets, a expired tags and a conceal weapons charge!!!!!!!what a maiden voyage!!!!f##k va beach cops they will f##k with you as much as possible for no reason!!!!way to go buddy you really put a dent in crime last night and got a gun off the street!!!f##kn a##h##e!!!!!!for some reason right before my birthday they all ways seem to f##k with me!!

well i pulled those lines off and it seems to have plenty of psi!im having a slight problem though witch i was having before its just worse now,i think i need a tuned!!the "rev limiter" is kicking in before it will shift out of first gear if your are on it like full throttle! it was doing it before the build and still doing now.it shifts fine if you aint on it real hard or if you shift it manually.ive learned to wiggle my toes at full throttle to get it to shift for now though.it still seems to be pulling ever at redline so i know i need a tune.i wonder how high the rev limit should be set at?the tune is going to have to wait because i want to get those gears done first.with gears this thing will be scary fast its just slugish out the hole now.man that wrap worked great i can put my hand right next to the headers and be safe before you couldnt get within 6" of them they were so hot,i also wrapped the y pipe too!!also that high flow oil pump works great,shut the motor up a ton!!!here are some pic of the headers wrapped and installed and im working on a sound clip at youtube.
picture.php

picture.php

sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6C-26nE0N4

Sounds killer man. Headers look good wrapped like that too. You might ask Jimmy (8SecSplash) what he did about the rev limiter thing since he was still running a stock computer last I heard. I don't know what the max safe rev limit is...6 grand doesn't sound too crazy but that might be something he could answer too. It might be pulling hard even past that but you gotta think about the bottom end when you start gettin up there in the RPMs....if there's anybody that would know it would be him though.

What rpm is your idle set at now? I kept mine at stock setting when I had that cam and it was a little rough but I liked the way it sounded.

Sounds killer man. Headers look good wrapped like that too. You might ask Jimmy (8SecSplash) what he did about the rev limiter thing since he was still running a stock computer last I heard. I don't know what the max safe rev limit is...6 grand doesn't sound too crazy but that might be something he could answer too. It might be pulling hard even past that but you gotta think about the bottom end when you start gettin up there in the RPMs....if there's anybody that would know it would be him though.

What rpm is your idle set at now? I kept mine at stock setting when I had that cam and it was a little rough but I liked the way it sounded.

i didnt touch the screw on that tb just put it on.its about at a 1000 in park and around 800 in drive but any lower in drive it would stall out.yea i wish i could adjust it in park because it sounds really mean around 800ish.is 8secspalsh on this site or over at rps?im going to stop by the tune place today and talk to them and see what they can do and how much.

Oh and if you are having trouble getting a tune I still have that SDS. Might even be interested in doing a trade for that Saiga with all the the stuff you've got on it ;)

hahah no way man i love that gun!!!:thumbdwn:and i probably got about $1200 into it!!but if the tune does become a problem then i will have to think about that sds.i wish it had an underdrive crank pulley though i just bought mine and it wasnt cheap!!didnt you have that pulley made?

Yeah I guess I did adjust it at some point cause those are about the same numbers I had...can't remember what all I did on that setup it was ages ago haha. BTW I meant 8secsplash on RPS. Been a while since I looked into diablo chips and tunes but I think I remember it was like 500ish for the chip and tunes and maybe a little more depending on how much time spent on the dyno.

Matter of fact, I still have my old 3 position diablo chip....never used it so I can't remember if it had some basic factory tunes on it or no tunes. If your tuner guy used diablo let me know cause I'll sell it to you cheap.

hahah no way man i love that gun!!!:thumbdwn:and i probably got about $1200 into it!!but if the tune does become a problem then i will have to think about that sds.i wish it had an underdrive crank pulley though i just bought mine and it wasnt cheap!!didnt you have that pulley made?

dang I thought I'd ask at least haha. Well i guess if you buy my SDS I'll be able to get my own Saiga then :D.

Yeah I had the crank made but the main thing about it is that it has the trigger magnets epoxied into it instead of having to install them yourself. You might be able to do the same thing to your underdrive pulley...you'd have to order the magnets. Main thing is that the magnets need to pass over the sensor for the SDS...they're installed on the backside of the pulley. The UDP is smaller than the stock pulley obviously so I don't know for sure if that backside area would be wide enough to install the magnets and put them in the right place for the sensor to pick em up.

Yeah I guess I did adjust it at some point cause those are about the same numbers I had...can't remember what all I did on that setup it was ages ago haha. BTW I meant 8secsplash on RPS. Been a while since I looked into diablo chips and tunes but I think I remember it was like 500ish for the chip and tunes and maybe a little more depending on how much time spent on the dyno.

Matter of fact, I still have my old 3 position diablo chip....never used it so I can't remember if it had some basic factory tunes on it or no tunes. If your tuner guy used diablo let me know cause I'll sell it to you cheap.

yea i found him.how does the diablo work?i had a crazy idea the other day i was thinking instead of buying a costly programmer why cant i just do like a piggy back two computers?like have a switch to go from one to the other and just have each one flashed with a new program.like one for na racing/driving and one for nos.have no clue if that would work or how programing work on the gen 1 computers

yea i found him.how does the diablo work?i had a crazy idea the other day i was thinking instead of buying a costly programmer why cant i just do like a piggy back two computers?like have a switch to go from one to the other and just have each one flashed with a new program.like one for na racing/driving and one for nos.have no clue if that would work or how programing work on the gen 1 computers

The diablo piggybacks onto your factory computer...it plugs into the test port and modifies the settings as the computer is running. There is a little wire that runs away from the chip that leads to a toggle switch....that lets you switch between 3 different programs. I had mine setup for 87, 89, and 93 octane performance programs. You could do something similar but have a setting for regular driving and one for NOS.

It's like the old "Apten Chips" that people around here used to talk about. I think the actual name of the diablo chip is "Diablo Delta 3 Position Chip for EEC-IV vehicles"

You have to get it loaded with tunes from a Diablo Dealer though. For your setup the guy would have to write some custom tunes and that would also mean dyno time. Once they burn the tunes to the chip you can't change what's on there yourself. All you can do is switch between the tunes that they put on the chip for you.

The advantage of the SDS is that you do your own tuning...you really don't even need a dyno just some long stretches of road or access to a track. There is a startup program already on there to get you going...and you just tweak it to get things where you want them. Plus the SDS has a built in nitrous timing retard that gets activated when you spray. No need to switch between separate programs it's all one program. If you need to make the mix richer or leaner temporarily it's easy to do with the digital mixture controller on the SDS also.

It's like the old "Apten Chips" that people around here used to talk about. I think the actual name of the diablo chip is "Diablo Delta 3 Position Chip for EEC-IV vehicles"

You have to get it loaded with tunes from a Diablo Dealer though. For your setup the guy would have to write some custom tunes and that would also mean dyno time. Once they burn the tunes to the chip you can't change what's on there yourself. All you can do is switch between the tunes that they put on the chip for you.

The advantage of the SDS is that you do your own tuning...you really don't even need a dyno just some long stretches of road or access to a track. There is a startup program already on there to get you going...and you just tweak it to get things where you want them. Plus the SDS has a built in nitrous timing retard that gets activated when you spray. No need to switch between separate programs it's all one program. If you need to make the mix richer or leaner temporarily it's easy to do with the digital mixture controller on the SDS also.

man cant i just bluetooth too my phone and do programs that way:D no the sds is the way to go but money is tight and i still need to get my gears done.ill ask my tuner today and see if he does the diablo,sounds like that would be cheaper maybe depending on the cost of tunes and i def want to do a dyno pull just to see where im at too:D

man cant i just bluetooth too my phone and do programs that way:D no the sds is the way to go but money is tight and i still need to get my gears done.ill ask my tuner today and see if he does the diablo,sounds like that would be cheaper maybe depending on the cost of tunes and i def want to do a dyno pull just to see where im at too:D

Yeah see what your guy says he might have some cheaper options that will work good...post your dyno sheet when you get it I wanna see what you're putting down now :burnout:

damn i love it!!man i wish i had it but built mine the wrong way for that

Wtf can i catch a break!!!!

so i go to pull out in traffic and there is just enough room for me to pull out fast when someone starts changing lanes right as im allready pulling out!!!so i get on it real hard and im off screamn down the road well about 5000 rpm i shift and right as i shift i hear bowwwww and the motor chugs to a stop.wtf wouldnt run missing bad as **** and smelled real rich.i knew almost right away a valve was stuck open.so i call a tow truck and get it home today and do all the simple test and knew the whole time what was wrong.the 1,2,and 3 time i built this motor i had 2 lifter holes that every lifter was tight as **** in but i have over a 1000 miles on it so i figured they would just break in.so what im thinking is that one of the lifter got stuck and the valve was stuck open.well no problem right since the ohv was not an interface motor!!!!!! so i pull the valve cover off and was shock to see what i saw.dont know if the lifter is stuck open or not but pretty sure it is but the bad part is the pushrod busted the end off the rocker and the valve is stuck open.so the piston had to hit the valve and tried to close it and with the lifter stuck it busted the arm off the rocker.so this motor is and interface motor god hoover damn it!!@!so looks like the heads are coming back off to see how much damage is done to the piston and cyl wall and then even after that wtf am i going to do with the stuck lifter!!!so MaximumViolence i hope you haven't sold that block yet i might need it!!!!!!!
o and some funnnkkkkeeedddd up pic!!
2vtzc0o.jpg

213n3hv.jpg

2ztlqht.jpg

o ps HAPPY FREAKN BIRTHDAY TOO MEEEE!!!!!!!!:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Back